What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sunrise spas  (Read 4120 times)

expos_fan

sunrise spas
« on: October 27, 2004, 06:20:10 pm »
One of my working colleages is looking to buy a sunrise spa. Any comments on this mfg. from Grimsby ON. He likes the fact dealer is close to his home.

Hot Tub Forum

sunrise spas
« on: October 27, 2004, 06:20:10 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: sunrise spas
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 06:26:08 pm »
Be a smart consumer.  In that the dealer is close is a positive.  Check out the warranty (plus all of the fine print), ask for referrals of customers that he has sold to, and have your friend test soak the spa he's considering.

Do all of these and maybe more and he'll make a good choice and be spahappy.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 06:29:07 pm »
Oh man, don't even let me get started here! Here's an old post that I did on another board that might explain why.....
I installed 9 of the sunrise 3 years ago into a condo complex and had a nightmare.

Six of the 9 had major leaks 4 of which did not even have glue on the fittings (yet they insisted that they wet test for 24 hours). 3 needed heater replacements in the first year, 6 circulation pumps in the first year.

Response from sunrise was so poor that we just bought parts from a local distributor and gave up on warranty.

We had 6 to 10 more spas to install yet lost the bid due to the poor quality of the sunrise spas.

When I called and emailed the company on these problems, it was very hard to get warranty response. I finally emailed Jack Layfeild the President of the company and his suggestion was to not order from sunrise anymore.

It was the worst failure ratio per spa I have ever dealt with and by far the poorest customer service out of any factory I've dealt with yet. If the lack of concern came from anyone but the company president I would say they could possibly have changed but with that kind of attitude starting at the top I doubt it.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 06:32:02 pm »
Ditto. As is always suggested here.  Test Soak.  The person shopping should be the one doing as much research as possible.  ( not that helping a friend isnt a nice thing to do )  I would not buy from a dealer solely because he is near.  I am not familiar with Sunrise at all.  No dealer anywhere around me carries them.

BTW, sorry you guys lost the Expos. ......  Road trip to DC   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 06:32:44 pm »
My recommendation is to not purchase a sunrise, it sounds like they could become a sunset.

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 06:40:22 pm »
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Measure once, cut twice.

Sam

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 08:13:42 pm »
Hi - New to the board here.

I looked at the sunrise.  Couldn't find one positive thing on the internet but  I did find  Stuart's comments  above with a few others on the net .. and none were positive.

They were easy to drop off the my shopping list.

Sam

expos_fan

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 08:26:49 pm »
 8)Thanks everyone I'm convinced, Maybe I should invite him over and soak in my Cameo.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 08:26:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42