What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: More H2O???  (Read 4248 times)

TahoesMama

More H2O???
« on: October 12, 2004, 08:21:53 pm »
We've had our Sundance Marin for about a week now and have already had to add approximately 20 gallons of water to maintain the water level.  Doesn't appear to be leaking, and we have been using it heavily and keeping the temperature at about 103 degrees.  Surely there isn't an overflow on hot tubs?  Any comments?  What temperature does everyone else keep their tubs set at?  Also, has anyone experience any excessive sneezing while in their tubs?  We're using Baqua and to date, haven't had any particular problems (other than my husband's sneezing).  Thanks folks.

Hot Tub Forum

More H2O???
« on: October 12, 2004, 08:21:53 pm »

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
Re: More H2O???
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 08:33:17 pm »
Tahoesmama  We to are using Baqua products. I have never heard of sneezing problems with them. We have had the Baqua cough though.

T6texan

TahoesMama

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 08:37:43 pm »
Hi T6T,

We asked our spa salesman about the Baqua cough, and he didn't know anything about it (...then again, he didn't seem to know much about a lot of things, so that's not saying much).  How long are you in the tub before it starts and is it everytime you get in?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 08:44:30 pm »
Baqua seems to offer mixed results at best.....I have heard of many who have had some of the some issues that you have.....From what I read they are some very happy users...but there seems to more who have tried and had to many problems to continue using it....Just wondering, but what made you want to start with it....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 08:45:30 pm by Mendocino101 »

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 08:52:18 pm »
If your dealer hasn't heard of it...he hasn't caried it long.  Check your sanitizer levels and take a sample in to check the shock level as well.
¿

TahoesMama

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 08:52:51 pm »
Hi Mendo,

Baqua seems to be the product pushed by Sundance.  Not having anything to compare it with, we decided to go with it on advice of the salesman.  We noted some of the issues discussed on this board, and the salesman stated that when Baqua was first introduced, there were some folks to experienced a variety of things that have since supposedly been corrected.  He also stated that none of his customers have mentioned any particular problems....yet.

Tubber

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 08:53:45 pm »
I've been told by someone who knows a little more then me about Baqua, that sneezing is due to high sanitizer levels with Baqua.

TahoesMama

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 09:00:08 pm »
Hey Huh,
Yeah, this guy has only been selling tubs for about five years and obviously still has a lot to learn.  As a matter of fact, anytime we'd ask him something technical, he'd have to Nextel his boss at their other store that's about an hour away.  Thankfully, the service department and installers seem to know more.  We probably talked to them more than the salesman, and hope to maintain a good relationship with them.

TahoesMama

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 09:03:12 pm »
Thanks again, Tubber!
This hasn't become a big problem, but we're probably over-analyzing every sensation that comes with being in the tub.  Are we guilty of the same thing with the water level?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 09:04:51 pm »
I doubt Sundance is pushing Baqua, but your dealer obviously is.  The twenty gallons is a lot for a week, but being a new owner with a lot of use, you are probably carrying out a lot of water when you exit.  Bathing suits, especially young boys, hold a lot of water.

TahoesMama

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 09:11:43 pm »
Thanks, Tony
We sorta thought that could be part of the problem (well, actually TahoesPapa did), but I trust the opinion of the folks here than my own judgement (or his either)!  ;)

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 12:09:59 am »
Hey Tahoesmama  No the Baqua cough isnt every time i use the spa . It luckily seems to be only ocasionaly a problem. Ive been playing with recomended Baqua weekly dosages of chems. So far i have cut back on the recomended amounts shock and water line control. still doing sanitizer at full recomended dose as needed. Havent had any cough  or bad efects so far :-/
i dont have an ozonator .

T6texan

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 08:02:32 am »
Keep us (or me) posted with your Baqua experience.  
Our spa started out with that, since our dealer features it.  It's not a Sundance thing so much as a dealer thing.
Our local Arctic dealer carries Baqua also.
I'm seriously considering switching away from the stuff.  It is't exactly cheap, and we've started to experience that cough a little.  I emailed Baqua about the cough phenomenon, and their response was to add an extra dose of waterline control.  I'm trying that, but if we still have issues, I'm switching over before winter sets in.    
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 08:02:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42