What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pardon me while I kiss the sky....  (Read 5009 times)

TahoesMama

Pardon me while I kiss the sky....
« on: October 06, 2004, 08:06:30 pm »
IT'S HEEERRREEE!!! ;D

We've crammed for the exam and now it's time for finals!  Our salesman promised our tub in three weeks, but called yesterday and said, "Guess what?  Your spa came in early and we can deliver at will.  Pick a day."  I guess I understand now how expectant parents feel when they anticipate one delivery date, and contractions start early (...not to minimize the childbirth experience, but since I don't have kids, this is the closest  I can imagine).  Naturally we said, "Come on down!" and now, TahoesMama and TahoesPapa are officially spa parents!  Our baby, a Sundance Marin, came into our world at 2:06 p.m., all wrapped, a normal delivery, presented by two pleasant, helpful installers to two excited parents.   Our baby has the same shell color (Sahara), skirt color (Coastal) and cover (gray) as our blue fawn chihuahua named Tahoe, (hence our web name).  But I'm afraid big brother is less than excited at the prospects of sharing our attention with a new toy (ah, sibling jealously).  As with the addition of any new family member, the neighbors are buzzing, and their kids are swarming, asking all kinds of questions, and trying to get a peak at the new baby being installed.

Unfortunately, confirmation from the electrician won't take place until tomorrow, and our official baptism probably won't be until early Friday (the wee a.m. of the morning), since the temperatures here in Kansas City promise to drop down to the mid 30s, so we're gonna try to be patient with allowing the water to warm up before blessing the tub.

Pray for us, folks (no blasphemy intended at all --- we're just sooo psyched!!!)

Also, a note of personal thanks to TUBBER for helping us out with measurements and dimensions.  Your advice helped us make the right pick of a tub that fits perfectly.

When I come down from Cloud 9, I'll tell all about our Chemical Class with the salesman, and give some of the answer to the questions you all asked.  

Sorry for the long, rant, folks.

Hot Tub Forum

Pardon me while I kiss the sky....
« on: October 06, 2004, 08:06:30 pm »

autoplay

Re: Pardon me while I kiss the sky....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 08:39:19 pm »

The colder the weather is,the better,as far as hot-tubbin! Congradulations with your new addition. You know,it's customary to hand out cigars to all the forum regulars when someone gives birth to a spa for the first time.  BTW,is it a boy or a girl?

TahoesMama

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 08:52:58 pm »
Thanks, Auto!

As sweet as it is, it's got to be a girl (besides, my household has two males, so I need help on my side!)  Cyber Partagas Cigars per TahoesPapa to all!  And I see you have your own sweet li'l fluffy pup to lick you dry once you exit your tub.  Better than any towel anytime!   :D

Tubber

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 06:40:29 am »
Congratulations TahoesMama. The Marins a nice spa i'm sure your going to love it. Glad I was able to help with your site questions.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 06:57:12 am »
Hang in there!  Those of us who have gone through the pains of waiting for our new tub to be ready to use all know what you are going through!!!

It won't be long now!!!

Congratulations!!!  You will love being a spa owner!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 07:53:54 am »
This time of year as it gets colder, the water from the spouts have yet to cool off significanty.  I'll bet when you fill your tub it starts out in the 60s.  The first hour it may only raise a degree or two then it will be 100 or more in 10-12 hours.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 10:44:56 am »
Way to go, T-girl!  May the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water.....
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 04:04:48 pm »
Ahhh I hate to rain on your parade but it appears in your race for power and glory you only forgot one thing. The Quote is ........"'scuse me while I kiss the sky"..... ;D ;D ;D    ENJOY YOUR TUB!!!!!! and Congrats!

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 05:27:17 pm »
Ahhh I hate to rain on your parade but it appears in your race for power and glory you only forgot one thing. The Quote is ........"'scuse me while I kiss the sky"..... ;D ;D ;D    ENJOY YOUR TUB!!!!!! and Congrats!

Wow do I feel better! All these years I thought Jimmy was saying "..'scuse me while I kiss this GUY!" :o

Congrats on your spa, May you soak long and wrinkle happily!

Jordy

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 10:23:20 pm »
Hello TahoesMama,
That's a great spa, I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!!! Sounds like you have a really good dealer too. Congratulations!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 09:01:12 am »
Congratulations mama and papa. I will transfer you cyber partagas for the real thing later this evening as I look up at the stars myself.

You mention no kids but yet two men in the house.  And now a hot tub......very interesting.

shoemaker

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 01:39:46 pm »
Hey T's mama,

I also received a call saying that my new Cameo could be delivered next Friday. Unfortunately I have to wait for an inspection on my new deck so I had to put it off for another week.  :'( :'( :'(

But we should be soaking on Halloween night !!!

YAHooooooooooooooooooooooooo  !!!!!

Congrats, let me know how you like it !

;D

Tubber

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 03:55:33 pm »
Hey T's mama,

I also received a call saying that my new Cameo could be delivered next Friday. Unfortunately I have to wait for an inspection on my new deck so I had to put it off for another week.  :'( :'( :'(

But we should be soaking on Halloween night !!!

YAHooooooooooooooooooooooooo  !!!!!

Congrats, let me know how you like it !

;D

I know where I'll be trick or treating ;D ;D

shoemaker

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 04:14:01 pm »
I know where I'll be trick or treating ;D ;D

Just remember to bring the beer, and suits are optional !

;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 04:14:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42