What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sanitizer Question  (Read 2765 times)

cdcooper

Sanitizer Question
« on: October 04, 2004, 01:01:06 pm »
Is using a Nature 2 cartridge in conjunction with ozone enough, or should I be adding some other sanizter to my water on a regular basis ???

Hot Tub Forum

Sanitizer Question
« on: October 04, 2004, 01:01:06 pm »

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
Re: Sanitizer Question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 01:12:58 pm »
Nature 2 and ozone are not enough by themselves. You'll get verying opinions, but I shock once a week with clorine and use 2 tblthingys of MPS three times a week or after every soak if that's more frequent. I have ozone and Nature 2 in a 400 gallon tub. I've been doing this since March and it has worked for me. My water stays clear and test good. I always leave the cover open for  15 t 30 minutes after I shock with clorine because I've seen it suggested on this forum to keep from harming the stiching in your cover or something like that. Happy tubbin'!

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 01:25:35 pm »
I said clorine, I meant diclor, not to be confused with tri chlor.

cdcooper

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 03:36:14 pm »
Thanks IB.

I currently add non cholrine shock weekly along with about 5 capfulls of Spa Perfect.  I guess I'll run out and pick up some diclor to add as you suggest  ;)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 05:17:08 pm »
I suggest you familiarize yourself with the FAQ's as posted at rhtubs.com by Northman and Vermonter--excellent suggestions for tub sanitization.  Good luck!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 07:13:29 am »
I agree with windsurfdog.  Right now you are relying on very low levels of silver to sanitize which is not enough.  Essentially, you have very very little sanitation going on and lots of oxidation (non chlorine shock).

cdcooper

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 10:07:21 am »
Thanks all.  I'll check out the recommended reading and go from there  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 10:07:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42