What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Will Sundance stereo play an MP3 CD?  (Read 2832 times)

Wheeler

• Sundance Optima owner
Will Sundance stereo play an MP3 CD?
« on: October 03, 2004, 04:38:08 pm »
I know that the stereo option on spas are normally pretty expensive and many people skip this option, but for those of you who have the stereo in your spa, do you know if it will play an MP3 CD?  How about a "regular" audio CD that you've burned on your computer?  (For those who are curious, the advantage of an MP3 CD is that you can normally fit 100+ songs on such a CD so you don't have to change CDs as often.)

I'm specifically curious about the Sundance stereo, but for those of you who own another brand of spa with a stereo, how about you?  Ever tried this?  

I don't have my hopes up because this is usually a rare feature on marine or car-type stereos, but just maybe depending on who manufactures the stereo, it might work.  

Gotta get some CDs ready with some smooth tunes for use after our Optima is installed in a few weeks....

Hot Tub Forum

Will Sundance stereo play an MP3 CD?
« on: October 03, 2004, 04:38:08 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Will Sundance stereo play an MP3 CD?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 08:21:04 am »
I play plenty of home burned CD's in our Optima without problems.
I've not tried any MP3 media.  If I recall, the owners manual does not say specifically that the CD player works with MP3.  If I get a chance in the next day or two I'll give it a shot and let you know.  I'm not exactly an early adopter, but someone around the house should have some MP3 stuff.
I agree that the stereo option is pricey, but it sounds excellent, and is very convenient.  Deciding to get the stereo or not was the hardest decision in the purchase, but I don't regret it a bit.

Brewman
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 08:32:28 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Wheeler

• Sundance Optima owner
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 11:00:26 am »
Thanks Brewman.  I'm looking forward to checking it out for myself too.  I have my doubts, but you never know.  I guess next I'll have to figure out if I can hook up the iPod to the spa...  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 11:00:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42