What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sweetwater buyers remorse?  (Read 4590 times)

spabuyer

Sweetwater buyers remorse?
« on: October 02, 2004, 07:55:40 pm »
We just wet tested tubs and decided to go with the Sweetwater Palermo over the Sundance Altamar.  We really liked both tubs and considered both brands comparable since they are from the same manufacturer.
I am now wondering if the better warranty and the slightly better features would haved been worth the extra $1500 to upgrade to the Altamar.

any thoughts would be appreciated?

Hot Tub Forum

Sweetwater buyers remorse?
« on: October 02, 2004, 07:55:40 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Sweetwater buyers remorse?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 09:03:55 pm »
Being from the same manufacturer doesn't mean the spas are the same.  There are differences between Sundance and Sweetwater which explain part of the price difference.  We liked Sundance better and went that way.  For us the difference was worth it.  
Sounds to me like you've made the right choice for you.  Now enjoy your spa and don't look back on what you might have done different.
Brewman
Brewman

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 09:27:29 pm »
Our Sundance dealer was willing to upgrade to the Sundance warranty 10/7/5, if we bought a Sweetwater, which we considered.  He was also willing to upgrade the SW to the micron filtration.  I dont what the cost was for these separately, it was just all worked into the quote.  Not sure if your deal is set in concrete, but maybe you can ask about doing this with your Sweetwater.  Congrats btw, you will love your tub!  

UnderTheStars

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 05:36:59 pm »
Yeah, congratulations on your soon to be tub!  It was 40 degrees this morning when I got up and went outside. . . CalicoskiesNC is right - you will love your tub and we are just getting into the season!

Can't comment on either brand, but if it's a "close race" go with the one that felt the best when you were in it.  That's something you'll deal with daily after delivery.  The warranty won't come into play anywhere near that often.  (hopefully!)  keep us posted on delivery & your first "ahhhh. . ."
Stars

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 08:56:33 pm »
Does sundance allow a dealer to upgrade the warranty of a sweetwater to a sundance warranty?

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 08:31:13 am »
No, the dealer will cover the warranty after the factory warranty is over.

spabuyer

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 10:23:08 am »
Besides just the warranty, any thoughts on the overall quality of the two brands?  Are the Sundance's built that much better?  Are they insulated signifigantly better?  Are they much quieter and energy effecient? Do they use a much higher quality pump?
I am more looking for experienced hot tubbers opinions than the dealers sales pitch's.  

thanks for the help!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 10:43:29 am »
The quality should be the same.  They are built to the same standards.  You are paying for the better electronics, the newer jets and design, and the better warranty with the Sundance.  One of the pumps is smaller than a Cameo, Optima or Altamar and of course, the Sweetwaters are a little smaller than the corresponding Sundance spas, although the Altamar and the Palermo are close in size.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 10:57:02 am by tony »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 10:43:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42