What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NEED HELP PLEASE DECIDING! First time buyer  (Read 2534 times)

Jasereels

NEED HELP PLEASE DECIDING! First time buyer
« on: March 22, 2021, 05:49:10 pm »
I need experienced opinions. I think I have narrowed it down unless someone feels strongly between the Artesian Dove Canyon Elite 13,900 + tax includes delivery and set up or the Island Grand Bahama Elite for 10990 + tax includes delivery and set up. The Dove Canyon is 3K more with many bells and whistles (lighting, fountains, etc) and think I like it more but the raised back both works for and worries me. I love it since I am 6'6" tall and the shoulder massager fits better but it doesn't allow you to place the cover lift assist in a different location like the Bahama does and the dealer says the lift assist may not work at all. Looking for opinions on the models and possible solutions for the cover lift. We like the assist for storage and extra privacy it adds from neighbors. Any opinions welcome I am a total newbie and learned a lot from this site already!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 08:53:30 pm by Jasereels »

Hot Tub Forum

NEED HELP PLEASE DECIDING! First time buyer
« on: March 22, 2021, 05:49:10 pm »

cranbiz

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE DECIDING! First time buyer
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 08:36:37 am »
Both are great tubs. The pricing is good also.

As far as the cover lift, that I can't help on but there are ways that you can get the privacy you want. A fence, privacy screens, etc. I wouldn't let that bother you if the Dove Canyon meets your other expectations. My friend just bought a Grand Cayman  which is the non lounger version of the Grand Bahama because he is also over 6' and the neck jets were in a perfect position for him. I also looked at both of those but they were too large for the ope ing that I have to get it on the porch. I ended up with a Nevis. You won't go wrong with either one.

If you really like the features of the Dove Canyon, get it. If you don't really need the extra bells and whistles, the Grand Bahama is your tub. You still get a waterfall and lights and honestly, if the Dove Canyon has the Bellagio falls, do you really need it? To me, its.a.useless gimmick.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 10:53:08 am »
I need experienced opinions. I think I have narrowed it down unless someone feels strongly between the Artesian Dove Canyon Elite 13,900 + tax includes delivery and set up or the Island Grand Bahama Elite for 10990 + tax includes delivery and set up. The Dove Canyon is 3K more with many bells and whistles (lighting, fountains, etc) and think I like it more but the raised back both works for and worries me. I love it since I am 6'6" tall and the shoulder massager fits better but it doesn't allow you to place the cover lift assist in a different location like the Bahama does and the dealer says the lift assist may not work at all. Looking for opinions on the models and possible solutions for the cover lift. We like the assist for storage and extra privacy it adds from neighbors. Any opinions welcome I am a total newbie and learned a lot from this site already!

People often have to make a decision like this. When the price difference is largely due to tub size, # of jets, warranty length and of course full insulation (why that is ever an upgrade is ridiculous IMO) then I'm  always on the side of "this is a once in ever y decade or two purchase, go for it rather than regret it". When the difference involves things like a waterfall I say skip it, ok to have but often you won't care about it 6 months later, that's a "I like it but don't need it" type feature after awhile in many cases. When it comes to lighting that can somewhat go either way. Sometimes the difference is stark, other times its just adding some extra outside or inside lighting and every case if different so its tough to comment.

Having said that, anyone who is 6'6" first should prioritize getting the one that they think will fit them best (assuming you can't wet test). If the fly in the ointment has to do with the ability to have an upright lifter I'd look into some kind of privacy screen if needed as mentioned, there are many types available with an on-line search.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 10:53:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42