What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Overhead Power Lines?!  (Read 2241 times)

davetherave

Overhead Power Lines?!
« on: March 22, 2021, 02:36:47 pm »
Has anyone had to deal with overhead power lines when putting in a hot tub? We have quite a small back yard and the power lines cross the back yard. They are high up but would be close to the tub. I don't know the rules on this or if I could even get them moved. Would I contact an electrician or would I need to speak with someone at the power company? Be great to hear thoughts if anyone's had to deal with this issue before. Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Overhead Power Lines?!
« on: March 22, 2021, 02:36:47 pm »

Sam

Re: Overhead Power Lines?!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 03:07:49 pm »
Code definitely says that you have to be a certain distance from overhead power lines.  I would call your local code enforcement office.

ejj

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 04:38:10 pm »
Talk to the local inspector--or a local electrician that has experience doing hot tubs.  Some places require 13 feet over the surface of the water, others require more.  You also need to be careful about any outlets or structural metal that is near the tub.  We had to change the metal gutter/downspout to a vinyl combination.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 11:22:02 pm »
Has anyone had to deal with overhead power lines when putting in a hot tub? We have quite a small back yard and the power lines cross the back yard. They are high up but would be close to the tub. I don't know the rules on this or if I could even get them moved. Would I contact an electrician or would I need to speak with someone at the power company? Be great to hear thoughts if anyone's had to deal with this issue before. Thanks

Let the electrician decide who needs to get involved from the city/county/state.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 11:22:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42