What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New here, and new to spas  (Read 3097 times)

BaggerJay

New here, and new to spas
« on: December 10, 2020, 08:30:11 pm »
Hi,

I have been researching tubs for a few months. The info seems to be all over the place, and I'm a guy that likes to research and know the products before I even go to the store. I googled best brand of hot tub, and well... I'm sure you know what I got.
We initially thought a smaller tub was all we needed as it will mostly be the girlfriend and myself along with my step daughter. I am a weight lifter and have wide shoulders. My girlfriend is short, so we know we do not want a lounge. I want very hydrotherapy, and I doubt any tub would have too much pressure for me.
 I have looked at Jacuzzi and thought the J345 would be ideal. Then I sat in a dry one and found it way too small. The seat are not really wide enough and the foot jets had my knees up to my ears.
I work in a factory and walk on concrete all day, I'm I want foot jets.
Next we saw an add for a hot tub expo, which turned out to be a Master Spa and Clarity only show with high pressure salesman, I don't like high pressure, and certainly do not buy with my heart.
I did love the feel of the Twilight 8.2 spa, the seats fit me very well, and it seems to get good reviews, but not here, so I ask you guys why? We went back to Jacuzzi and looked at the J385. It had a lot more room and felt great, but up here in Canada that tub is $20 000 all in. Availability is next month.

I have found a used Marquis Vector 21 84L, it is 6 months old. The guy says he is moving and can't take it with him. We did not want the lounger, but for the savings it is tempting. I did look at the signature series. What would I be missing out on?

Any other options I should look at? I'm really asking for experienced peoples thoughts and suggestions.
Thank you in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

New here, and new to spas
« on: December 10, 2020, 08:30:11 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: New here, and new to spas
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 04:43:36 pm »
AS far as options go I'd suggest brands like Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi Marquis and Sundance are all well known and respected. You'd want to go to their websites and use their dealer locators to see who is local, the closer the better but really its about them being close enough to service if needed. Lounges are best if you confirm they work in a wet test, otherwise either skip the lounge option or get a spa big enough so that if the lounge doesn't work great for you there are still enough other seats.

Used spas can certainly be a decent option especially in today's climate where there are significant waits for new spas HOWEVER, do not buy ANY used spa unless its hooked up, filled, pumps/lights/jets are operational and the water is up to the set temp of somewhere between 99-102 ºF (I'll let you convert). Make no exceptions and don't listen to any stories about how "it was working great before it was disconnected".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BaggerJay

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 10:17:59 pm »
Thank you for the reply and suggestions. I'll take a look at where the closest dealers are for the other brands.

Roger

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 07:38:47 am »
Master Spa gets it reputation from years of deceptive sales practices on nothing more than a mediocre tub. Big pumps, lots of water pressure, lots of noise and power consumption, poor insulation, lousy fit and finish. Mediocre longevity.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 07:38:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42