What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why do I have foam, after I add chlorine?  (Read 1927 times)

Binkyabt@onebox.com

Why do I have foam, after I add chlorine?
« on: September 30, 2020, 09:56:44 pm »
I’ve had a Jacuzzi since late spring and I do not know why it is so hard to get the chemicals right.
Water looks good, tests OK except low total and free chlorine. Add shock oxidizer, Wait 30 min, add chlorine granules, foam all around. A few minutes afterI turn off the Jets the phone dissipates. Turn them back on the foam. Help???

Hot Tub Forum

Why do I have foam, after I add chlorine?
« on: September 30, 2020, 09:56:44 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Why do I have foam, after I add chlorine?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 03:17:56 pm »
Foam is independent of all chemicals, brands, etc. Foam comes off your body or out from your bathing suits.  Use one set of bathing suits for your spa.  Do not wash them and let them air dry after every use.  To remove foam, while defoamer works, its just a band aid.  I use a pool skimmer and scoop for up to 5 minutes while using the tub.  That physically removes the foam.  Foam isn't about fixing the foam problem - its about keeping it from occurring in the first place.  Make sense? 

-Keep one set of bathing suits and never wash them.  Don't use them for anything else but your hot tub.  The spa water is sanitized, so they'll be fine.
-Don't put your head in the water if your hair has lots of products in them, you're wearing make-up, etc.
-Defoamer is ok but really not the answer, just a band-aid on a problem that doesn't heal.  Scoop out foam, then rinse filters.
-If in doubt - shower first. 
-If you do need to wash your bathing suits, run an extra rinse load after you pull them out of the dryer so that all residual detergent is eliminated.
Hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Why do I have foam, after I add chlorine?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 03:17:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42