What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: shell color and lights  (Read 2496 times)

MaryM

• Proud new owner of an Optima
shell color and lights
« on: September 25, 2004, 12:39:12 pm »
I have heard that lights in a tub do not show up well in a darker color. Must one then, to get the full effect, stay with the whites, or might a "sand" color work well?

Thanks for all the help!
~Mary

Hot Tub Forum

shell color and lights
« on: September 25, 2004, 12:39:12 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: shell color and lights
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 12:59:08 pm »
The lighter the tub, the better the SHELL illuminates. Once the pumps are on, especially when the water gets olds this becomes less of a enefit as you dont really see the shell as much. The light will still alter the colour of water either way.

I still prefer lighter acrylic for one more reason, water marks. Especially if you are considering a marble/pearlescent acrylic.

If you are ina climate where there is snow, think about the salt marks on black/blu cars....

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

zacman

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 02:21:10 pm »
We just purchased an Optima.  We  had the same question.  We thought we would go with their platinum shell because we felt it would reflect the light best though it was the smooth finish and we wanted the textured.  Dealer indicated that the smooth platinum would reflect the light best but would also show water spots and scratches most.  He recommended the sahara - a light textured finish - we went with that and I am totally satisfied with the degree of reflection.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 05:13:27 pm »
The lighter the color the better for lights....it is funny...I think many people after having the spa for a while.....keep the lights off...I know I do..... :D

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 07:09:44 pm »
I have a bluegrass shell and I absolutely love blue lights against it whether it be on low, med or high.  I first tried the blue after Chas posted a picture of a spa that I beleive was in his yard in blue.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 07:09:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42