What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tiger River/Bengal with IQ-2020 - Jets not turning on  (Read 2015 times)

JohnL

Tiger River/Bengal with IQ-2020 - Jets not turning on
« on: May 07, 2020, 04:32:49 pm »
Hi. We have a 2002 Hot Spring Tiger River Bengal with the IQ-2020 controller. Symptom of problem is simple – Jets button on the control panel won’t turn on the jets. Here’s what I have verified:

1. Power indicator lamp on the control panel is lit; it does not flash.
2. Spa lock/unlock feature works; I have it unlocked.
3. Recirculating pump works.
4. Light button on the control panel works; all 4 modes of the light works (off, high, medium, lo).
5. Heater properly turns on when the temperature is raised – relays click, “HTR ON” red diagnostic bulb lights on the mother board, water gets warmer.
6. Heater properly turns off when the temperature is lowered.
7. Ready indicator lamp on the control panel properly illuminates and extinguishes when the temperature setting is adjusted above, nearly equal to, and below the current spa water temperature; this lamp does not flash.
8. Voltage measured at the Jet Pump terminals is 0.0 VAC; pressing the Jets button on the control panel repeatedly does not change the voltage reading.
9. When the Jet Pump leads are removed from the controller terminals, and are then fed with an alternate AC voltage source, the Jet Pump works perfectly.

So, it would seem that, since every other controller function seems to be working perfectly, the controller has not gone randomly “crazy” from some other failure. There are K1 and K2 relays on the controller mother board that I am assuming apply 115 VAC to the Jet Pump terminals, but do not know this to be true. Assuming there are Jet Pump relays, is it possible that these are faulty? The K1 and K2 relays are enclosed so I cannot manually operate the “make” contacts. If these relays are faulty, am I looking at replacing the mother board? Since the heater works, I don’t need/want to also change the heater relay board.

Thanks for any help y’all can give me.

Hot Tub Forum

Tiger River/Bengal with IQ-2020 - Jets not turning on
« on: May 07, 2020, 04:32:49 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Tiger River/Bengal with IQ-2020 - Jets not turning on
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 06:47:46 pm »
Original pump?
Retired

JohnL

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 09:10:01 pm »
Original everything. But, as I mentioned, the pump works perfectly when connected to an alternate 115 VAC source.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 07:41:39 am »
If it's the control board there are people that rebuild boards, but it's not very cost effective.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 07:41:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42