What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Whats a decent 8x8 hot tub gonna cost me?  (Read 2537 times)

ratking20

Whats a decent 8x8 hot tub gonna cost me?
« on: April 20, 2020, 10:13:03 pm »
Most of the middle sized hot tubs are close to 8x8.  Like 91"x91". Im looking for a good middle od the road. Or slightly higher hot tub. No lounger. Whats the ballpark price range. For middle/upper middle/high emd tubs?  Just so i have sn idea of what level i want to target. Im located in brooklyn NY. Where im sure everything is priced higher. Any help would be great. Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Whats a decent 8x8 hot tub gonna cost me?
« on: April 20, 2020, 10:13:03 pm »

castletonia

Re: Whats a decent 8x8 hot tub gonna cost me?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:11:11 am »
For a premium brand, middle of the road would probably be $9-$12k and high end $12k+.  I consider the following to be premium brands: Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, and Sundance.  Mid-tier brands probably won't be much less, maybe starting at $8k.  The most well known brands I consider to be mid-tier would be :Master Spas, Maax, Vita, Dynasty. 

I'm in the midwest, not NY, so I know your pricing is higher so I could be a bit low on my estimates.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:22:08 pm »
I bought a 91" x 91" Jacuzzi brand many years ago for around $6,500.  Prices have risen as the years have gone by but the PRIMARY objective you should take into consideration is longevity IMHO.  A name brand is going to be key in order to make it 16 years as we have with our Jacuzzi J-370.  I have only had to replace a temperature switch about a year ago on ours which cost around $60 and I was able to change it out myself.  In the same time period, one of my buddies who bought one of those cheaper octagon-styled hot tubs has had to spend about $2K replacing pumps, leaking jets and heaters.  He has had his about 14 years.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

ratking20

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 03:25:46 pm »
thank you . sounds about what i thought it would be.  im gonna be looking at artesian first. looks like a good value there.  not sure what line i should target.  anybody know the price ranges and differences between the south seas and island models(in same size and configuration) . id also look at the island elite(just to see) and probably wont go near the top elite line!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 03:25:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42