What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Running costs  (Read 19377 times)

swilly1000

Re: Running costs
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2019, 08:59:54 pm »
I'm rebutting incorrect and baseless claims with facts. 

My claims aren't baseless. I have seen, soaked in, owned and worked on many, many more master spas than you have.

How many have you owned? When and for how long? What models?

Still waiting.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2019, 08:59:54 pm »

swilly1000

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2019, 09:01:28 pm »
OK lets see your data so I can blow holes in it.

Uhhhh, look at the very first post in this thread.

Still working on blowing those holes?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 09:07:17 pm by swilly1000 »

d00nut

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2019, 11:30:18 pm »
I can't decide which childish arguments are better... Bullfrog claims vs everyone else.  Or the Master lovers vs everyone else...

Good thing NHL free agency is here to keep me entertained over this crap!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2019, 06:51:36 am »
OK lets see your data so I can blow holes in it.

Uhhhh, look at the very first post in this thread.

Still working on blowing those holes?

The OP said 1-2 dollars a day. So which is it 1 or 2 dollars? Because that is a big difference in the hot tub world. If a HS cost 30 bucks a month and a MS cost 60 does that make the MS inefficient?

3 weeks worth of data means nothing. I would like to see the data from an entire year and I don't want to see a summary I want the actual KWH data. And it would be better if it was during winter because at 60 degrees

Which models have I owned, beats me, I have owned close to 40-50 tubs in my repair career. They come and go so fast sometimes I don't even get a chance to soak in them.

I've owned a 25 year old HS and a 7 year old MS, one still ran and was resold the other went to landfill. Guess which is which.

Your ignorance is astounding. And I never insult unless insulted.

But our opinions are useless to you (baseless), because we are master spa haters.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 07:10:29 am by Tman122 »
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2019, 11:31:43 am »

I've owned a 25 year old HS and a 7 year old MS, one still ran and was resold the other went to landfill. Guess which is which.

In truth, sometimes a 7 year old Master can hold up as well as a 25 year old HS.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:38:46 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Holgmi585281

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2019, 02:34:00 pm »

The OP said 1-2 dollars a day. So which is it 1 or 2 dollars? Because that is a big difference in the hot tub world. If a HS cost 30 bucks a month and a MS cost 60 does that make the MS inefficient?

3 weeks worth of data means nothing. I would like to see the data from an entire year and I don't want to see a summary I want the actual KWH data. And it would be better if it was during winter because at 60 degrees

My original post said clearly if its ticking over and if i  dont use it that night it costs £0.80pence or $1 a day. When i use it on an evening it uses £1.60 per day which equates to $2 a day . I pay £0.13 pence which is $0.16 cents per Kwh of Hydro you call it. .

So my Maths makes that  6 Kwh ticking over and 12 Kwh in use . I may have said afterwards so thats between 1 to 2 dollars . I see you used that to your advantage as usual to make my data look to not appear accurate.
Heyho i know the truth in the data no matter how you pick at it .

Keep watching this post and ill update you through the years come rain hail or shine . I doubt even then you will think any different.  Im not concerned how you feel about it though ,you havent been exactly welcoming and fair have you? .

I hope to  make sure the rest of the members or guests see the data and that makes more of a constucted viewpoint in my opinion than just saying its crap lol. Show me some actual data you have , im sure i would have to take that with a pinch of salt judging by the responses so far . I have no vested interest in slagging off any spa manufacturer, i do not make money from my purchase , but you do have an vested monetary interest and that says it all. Enjoy your non Master Spa tub i will be in mine tonight again. I can afford the paltry hydro 🤣😁

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2019, 05:50:14 pm »
Still arguing lol. Who cares. Enjoy your tub. @donut I’m
Ore concerned with NBA free agency over here. My Celtics got pilfered. At least we got Kemba!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2019, 07:55:05 am »
I would not be surprised if MS has paid people or put up fake posts like this to try and shed there terrible reputation.

Here in MN they are sold as a middle of the road option (they are middle of the road) and they seem to be very energy hungry in the winter.

Whats the serial number off your tub?

With the shenanigans that MS has pulled in the past (a bunch of times) My post reflects that.

I have worked on and serviced hundreds of tubs that are about the same energy wise as MS (not as good as some other brands)

My suspicion of them led to asking for the serial number question. If you knew and saw what I have seen over the last 20-30 years you would suspect the same thing.

I hope you do stick around but I have a feeling you won't (because most don't)
Retired

Holgmi585281

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2020, 03:21:46 pm »
 ;D  i am still here .  My Spa is as new and still going strong . Love it still . Had no issues whatsoever.
I should do a year update in early June  :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2020, 08:14:57 am »
;D  i am still here .  My Spa is as new and still going strong . Love it still . Had no issues whatsoever.
I should do a year update in early June  :)

Glad your still here, one year, 5 years and then 10 years. I have been part of this forum for almost 20 years. See you then.
Retired

ratchett

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2020, 09:01:46 am »
Glad your still here, one year, 5 years and then 10 years. I have been part of this forum for almost 20 years. See you then.

Had to check Archive.org and for sure the site dates back to may 2000 - https://web.archive.org/web/20000520010652/http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/

Jeeze this forum has changed a lot since then! Crazy to think Y2k was twenty damn years ago. I still remember celebrating Y2k with the family while terrified of the y2k bug ending life as we know it.  Boy if I only knew what would happen twenty years later haha.

swilly1000

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2020, 06:17:09 am »

Was your thumb on on your nose and were your fingers up and twiddling back and forth, pointed in Mike's direction as you wrote that?

Hey Mike, in case you're wondering you will never be as wise as Tman.  He may at first chide you as someone "who won't be in around in a year", but if you somehow make it that far, then he will find another way to dismiss you.  It's relentless.

Reminds me of Trump's handling of the virus.  Na na na na na naaah.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 05:26:34 am by swilly1000 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2020, 08:18:08 am »

Was your thumb on on your nose and were your fingers up and twiddling back and forth, pointed it in Mike's direction as you wrote that?

Hey Mike, in case you're wondering you will never be as wise as Tman.  He may at first chide you as someone "who won't be in around in a year", but if you somehow make it that far, then he will find another way to dismiss you.  It's relentless.

Oh I respect you guys that have owned one tub and been around for a year. Everyone should take your advice because you made a smarter decision than all of them.

Oh and it doesn't matter how Trump handled the virus, it would of been wrong anyway right?
Retired

ratchett

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2020, 11:16:28 am »
Was your thumb on on your nose and were your fingers up and twiddling back and forth, pointed it in Mike's direction as you wrote that?

Oh I respect you guys that have owned one tub and been around for a year. Everyone should take your advice because you made a smarter decision than all of them.

Oh and it doesn't matter how Trump handled the virus, it would of been wrong anyway right?

Ah hahahaha f**k this is hilarious, nothing like a good d*ck measuring contest during a pandemic on some random half-dead forum.

Thanks for the laughs ya'll

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:59:36 pm by ratchett »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2020, 05:42:48 pm »
This was a family friendly board before???????
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2020, 05:42:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42