What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Starting Over  (Read 1509 times)

StevieS

Starting Over
« on: April 20, 2020, 10:04:26 am »
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forums

I have a very old hot tub, a Swirl Way, and it’s pump/heater assembly, which was external to the hot tub itself (the pump, filter & heater were all bolted to a steel plate and in a separate little unit about 5’ away). This whole operation dates back to the early 80s! It was given to us in the early 2000s (and was ancient then) but I got it all going.  Now it’s 2020 and I want to completely upgrade the entire thing, with all new components inside the hot tub framework like they are today.

The old Century pump was toast, as was the heater.  I tore out the whole operation and I now have nothing but the shell, sitting in its framework.  The Swirl Way shell, though old and only 4-6 jets, is in great shape and we like it.

I’ve done some reading and research, but I’m looking for recommendations on a new spa pack (controller), pump and filter. 

The pvc piping is all 2” as far as I know.
The old Century pump’s specs were:
230V/60Hz
2 speed
1 hp / .12
3450/1725 RPM
7.9 / 1.8 A

I have a blank canvas, just the tub itself, and it’s plumbing.  I’m starting from scratch.  What spa pack/controller/pump would you recommend? 

I’d appreciate any advice or help, and thank you in advance!

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Starting Over
« on: April 20, 2020, 10:04:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42