What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sanitation system for infrequent use tub  (Read 2779 times)

Chops1857

Sanitation system for infrequent use tub
« on: June 04, 2019, 12:12:58 pm »
Hello,

I am buying a tub for a lake house which is used about every other weekend. We will NOT be getting a saltwater system or a system with in line chemicals. It just isn’t in the cards. We are getting a Marquis Hollywood.

What would be some good options for sanitation given our usage pattern? I am very interested in the From @ease system, but it sounds like it needs to be kept at 98 degrees. There will be very young children in and out, so I suspect the temp will be below that. So the Frog system may be out. Any other good suggestions for something stable and easy to manage?

Hot Tub Forum

Sanitation system for infrequent use tub
« on: June 04, 2019, 12:12:58 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Sanitation system for infrequent use tub
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 03:32:18 pm »
Recheck the info on temp - From what the chemists there told me - 94F is the lowest it can work.  You can do in-line as Marquis are one of three manufacturers with the in-line exclusive.  I wonder if the floating version may be better, however, due to long periods of inactivity and since Marquis doesn't use circ pumps.  I have the floating version and I am a huge fan.  With inactivity, you may consider using borates to help keep pH and alkalinity stabilized/buffered.  ProTeam has GENTLE SPA that is a nice combo for it.  All of this could be bought through your dealer and borates ala GENTLE SPA are easily found online if a local dealer doesn't have it.

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward!

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 04:57:16 pm »
I don’t sell these or have any interest in the company. I also don’t own one but have a friend that has used one for years and swears by it. I have thought about getting one quite a few times and still might. They are for sale on the big internet web site. The company has been around for years and is big into pool sanitizing.

https://solaxx.com/products/mini.html

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 09:19:45 pm »
I don’t sell these or have any interest in the company. I also don’t own one but have a friend that has used one for years and swears by it. I have thought about getting one quite a few times and still might. They are for sale on the big internet web site. The company has been around for years and is big into pool sanitizing.

Voids warranty on Marquis tubs plus I don’t think they work without a circ pump though I could be wrong about that

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 10:27:22 am »

Voids warranty on Marquis tubs plus I don’t think they work without a circ pump though I could be wrong about that

That’s interesting as the friend I have who has been using the saltron-mini has a Marquis tub. He has had it as his primary system for around 7 years now. He soaks his anode in vinegar once a month and it removes any scaling. I think he just started on his third replacement so he is getting about 3 years out of one.

I don’t see any reason you would need a circulation pump to have this system it would be no different than a floating dispenser where I’m sure the concentration around it will be higher than the rest of tub until a little water movement moves it.

My Caldera dealer told me the same thing when I mentioned salt, telling me salt in a tub will rot it out just like road salt rots out our cars. How much is truth and how much is good information and how much is trying to promote a much more expensive factory product I don’t know.

My friend always said when his tub was under warranty that he would just unplug the mini if he had a warranty call.

I personally have been putting salt into my tub for a couple years and I don’t even have a salt gen. I just like the feel of the water and I don’t see anything in the tub that’s going to have trouble with it in there.

Anyone wanting to try such a product should do their research and make up their own minds on salt.       

silversun

bud16415

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 02:10:57 pm »
I'd look into this method: https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48613-liquid-chlorine-bleach-slow-dispenser/

I have thought about the same thing and haven’t had any luck finding anything except the DIY projects like you linked to. Around here we get some really cold weather –30f  as a min most winters. So a rig would have to designed for the elements.

My thoughts then turned to salt gen and I thought why not try the salt to see what I thought of it in the water. IMO it is a nice plus if you use it for making chlorine or not and if for a couple hundred bucks I can buy a setup where you just toss something over the edge of the tub and close the cover on it what could be simpler. So I quite working on a dosing pump for bleach. Now all I have to do is buy the salt gen. If we went away more than once a year I would have one by now. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 02:10:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42