What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: About to buy and need help  (Read 2278 times)

Chops1857

About to buy and need help
« on: June 02, 2019, 03:03:37 pm »
Hello all,

I am about to buy my first tub. It is for the family lake house and will not be getting super regular use. About every other weekend from May through October.

I can get a Viking Legend 2 from The Great Escape for $5200 or a Marquis Hollywood for $6200. I can technically afford either, but given the limited use, I want to keep cost reasonably low. Is the Marquis worth the extra 1,000? How do the brands compare in build quality and reliability? Both are comfy and feel great. I am truly just asking in terms of quality. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

About to buy and need help
« on: June 02, 2019, 03:03:37 pm »

Chops1857

Re: About to buy and need help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 11:34:14 pm »
Bueller? Bueller?  :-[

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 07:21:56 am »
I can’t comment on the two brands because I haven’t owned them. I do know Marquis is a very premier product and highly recommended.

What I will comment on is having a tub that is unattended for 2 weeks at a time and you should really plan a good strategy for unattended water care for whatever tub you buy. At a minimum I would look at an inline feeder with smartchlor @ease or something like that and better would be a salt water tub with a built in chlorine generator or an after market unit.

Nothing worse than showing up at the lake house and finding your tub skunked and spending the weekend cleaning and filling it and it getting back to temp when its time to leave for home.   

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 08:39:41 am »
Generally speaking, Marquis is a more premium brand than Viking.  This is an industry where you do get what you pay for and saving money upfront may mean spending more down the road.  I can't provide specifics on the Viking price, but it seems fair.  The Marquis price is a good price.

What you also need to consider is after sale support.  Which dealer has a better reputation?  Do both do their own service or does one contract out?  If contract out, reach out to that company to get a feel for them. 

Since the Celebrity Hollywood does not come with the inline sanitation option, I would recommend the floating @ease system since you will not be able to check the hot tub regularly.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 08:39:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42