What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1-Nautillus Questions  (Read 3862 times)

logan

D1-Nautillus Questions
« on: September 07, 2004, 01:45:05 am »
Hello,

Looking at D1-Nautillus, doing a wet test tomorrow - dealer is asking 6700.00, which includes lifter and steps.  

Is this a fair price?
Anyone have any problems or concerns with D1-Nautilus??

Has anyone had problems or heard if the 'ultra life' shell yellows or discolors with age, and if so how much, and within what time frame??

Thanks so much!
Logan

Hot Tub Forum

D1-Nautillus Questions
« on: September 07, 2004, 01:45:05 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: D1-Nautillus Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 02:10:05 am »
I have heard D-1 makes a great spa one of the more respected manufactures out there....have you looked at others or only interested in the D-1...wet test it if you can....

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 10:00:36 am »
the shell will not discolor.

that is an absolutely fantastic price!  is that for a floor model?

I have a D1 Chairman II and couldn't be happier, VERY well designed tubs.

Where are you located if I may ask?

logan

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 10:57:02 am »
Hello,

Thanks for the quick replies.  We are located in Oregon, the dealer is in Corvallis, Oregon.  We believe the price is for a new model.  

We have wet tested Sundance (Optima), HotSprings (many), Caldera, and Marquis.  We are planning on wet testing Beachcomber too.

So far we really like what we have read about D1 - and it seems like a good value.  Our next favorites are Caldera Niagra (for the jets) but it's $7600 (including lifter and steps).  The Sundance Optima looks like a fine machine but didn't fit us well - we slid out of the deep seat.  The local dealer was asking $8200.

It appears that the D1 warranty is better than the Caldera warranty.  We are hoping that we like the D1 Nautillus.

Thanks,

Logan

PPOL

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 11:39:08 am »
Logan-

Lifetime Warranties, depending on the state you live in, can legally be construed as 7 years max.  Check locally.

Caldera has a 10 year no-leak shell warranty.

Most of the other items, with the exception of the exterior polymer shell/skirt.  Caldera has a 3 year, while D1 has a 5 year.

Exlusions to warranty are fairly similiar, nothing jumped out at me as an "AH-HA!"

But, as I say, buy the spa that is most comfortable to you, and what hydrotherapy placement works for you.

Thanks, and happy spa hunting.

Neil O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 12:02:51 pm »
When you're dealing with Hot Spring, Caldera, Sundance and D1 you're talking about reputable spa manufacturers. I would consider their warranties to be even overall though there may be slight differences here and there they should be meaningless IMO. With that out of the equation I'd base my decision on things such as the wet testing and comfort with the dealer (hopefully they're all good and this is a tie). Certainly cost is a factor but you have to make sure you're comparing apples to apples model wise and feature wise. You really want to get what going to feel right for the next 12 years or so.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 09:52:37 pm »
D-1 makes a very good spa and the ultra life material won't discolor.  I think that you will really like the comfort of the Nautilus.  

Happy Soaking

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 10:11:52 pm »

Lifetime Warranties, depending on the state you live in, can legally be construed as 7 years max.  Check locally.

Although I can appreciate your concern with this it is my understanding that the stipulations of the warranty change after 7 years through D1 and therefore changes the prosecutable term of the warranty. Besides there are two other factors to consider; first the warranty is carried by D1 not the state and second, to my knowledge D1 has never needed to be challenged on this as they always attempt to perform the warranty according to the term they set. Have you or anyone else ever heard of a situation where D1 actually refused a warranty issue because this technicality existed? I haven’t and I’ve been doing this for a very long time (though not as long as Dr. Spa thank god)!

Here's a question, if a lifetime warranty is only good for 7 years in a particular state then consequently wouldn't that state stipulate the
same term for a 10 year warrenty?

logan

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 06:33:38 pm »
Thank you! Thank you all of you for your wonderfu information.  We loved the D1- Nautilus.  It was the first tub which fit both of us in every seat,  really really comfortable.  

Thanks to this board we made an informed and educated decision - thank you!
Logan

clevelandguy

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 05:58:17 pm »
I just found a somewhat local (60 mns away) dealer and am going to wet test this spa.  I really likes the ject action of the Optima but it was too shallow, I am 6'3 and my shoulders were only submerged in one seat.

How does this tub compare in depth to the Optima and Marquis Euphoria?

poolboy34

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2004, 12:44:17 am »
The nautilus is one of the deepest spas that D-1 offers.  the corner seats are especially deep, and me being all of 5'8" need a booster seat to stay above the water line in the corner seats.  The nautilus sits deeper then the optima does.  My friend has an optima, and I can sit comfortably in the corner seats w/o feeling as though i'm gonna drown.  The optima has excelent jet action by the way!!!!!  An excelent spa.  You can't wrong with either.  I'm not familiar with the Euphoria, but I know there a quite a few Euphoria owners as well as marquis dealers lurking on here ;)

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Spas Dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2004, 12:44:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42