What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: billiards!  (Read 4000 times)

TALKCalgary.com

billiards!
« on: September 17, 2004, 12:45:40 am »
Has anyone noticed that a large number of spa dealers also push billiard tables. I wonder what the connection is? Could it be that they both carry similar inflated profit margins perhaps?  Or could it be that they are "pool" tables  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

billiards!
« on: September 17, 2004, 12:45:40 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: billiards!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 01:02:08 am »
speaking of inflated profit margins...anyone shop Nordstrom's lately....or Sports Authority...or Big 5....or bought one of those sodas from an am pm for 1.49 that actually cost about 8 cents....maybe those spa dealers need to do something when the season slows to down to keep their doors open to keep providing service for those who bought in season.....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 03:08:19 am by Mendocino101 »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 02:12:13 am »
I keep thinking of putting in a soda machine in for my employees. 10 cents from costco, 75 cents from the machine........ beats the roach coach ::)

Billards......... fire places are big too. All of them fall into the same catagory of consumers with disposable income adding enjoyment to their homes.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 02:56:04 am »
I have a question with regards to inflated profits.....how is that gas from the same supplier can vary so much in price...when the rumor is that the stations are making a few pennies per galloan...if it were true, why than can you go to one say ARCO for example and it be 10 to 15 cents more than another if in fact they are only making pennies..

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 07:45:39 am »
Watson's has a store in the Minneapolis metro area, and they sell spas (Coleman and Viking) swimming pools, patio furniture, bars, pool tables, gazebos, etc....
It's a pretty neat layout.  Most all my favorite toys under one roof.  

I won't comment on the pricing of gasoline, it seems not to make sense to me.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 08:05:32 am »
Wide selection of topics in one thread this morning. I'll throw in another.  Chas isn't burnt out and taking time off from the boards. In actuality he is driving to the factory to pick up his brand new delivery pickup that he ordered with all those excessive profits (Kidding Chas)

We do have one store here in Ohio that carries pools, billiards, rec room furniture.  I figure a lot of that business is seasonal so they like to have items for all seasons.

Gas prices, bunch of thieves!   But I think the local news media is in bed with the oil companies as well.  When people question some moves, they do the same tired story everytime, they go to Bubba at the filling station who says, "sheeet, when my prices goes up, I have to raise them too!"  Usually followed by some BS statement about supply and demand.  The media never goes one step up the ladder to ask the distributors why they all got together and raised the price to every station in town the exact same amount at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 08:05:57 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 11:51:54 am »
Before buying anything from Watson's, check out their service history from previous owners of the products they sell.

Watson's has a store in the Minneapolis metro area, and they sell spas (Coleman and Viking) swimming pools, patio furniture, bars, pool tables, gazebos, etc....
 It's a pretty neat layout.  Most all my favorite toys under one roof.  

I won't comment on the pricing of gasoline, it seems not to make sense to me.
Brewman

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 01:55:48 pm »
Simple, hit tubs sell better in the summer, billiards sell better in the winter
Homeworks Financing Representative

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 03:26:42 pm »
What I can't figure out is why is the MOST expensive gas in my town from the gas station that's RIGHT outside the front gate of the refinery?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 03:30:02 pm »
What I can't figure out is why is the MOST expensive gas in my town from the gas station that's RIGHT outside the front gate of the refinery?

Because the owner of the station can hear Bubba in shipping talking over the PA to the drivers saying, "10% price increase!" So by the time the driver hits the road, this station already has thier price signs up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Roborph

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 11:36:29 pm »
 Hey Brewman and Wmccall,
 We have at least 2 Watson's here in the greater cinti area that sell hot tubs, pools, fire places, billiards etc. I made a killing there with wet tests....in one store I tested hot springs, caldera, and even calspa!!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 11:58:37 pm »
The one in our area sells Viking and Coleman.  I think they are not allowed to be a Cal Spa dealer, since Cal Spa's are already well represented around here by other dealers.  

I have not purchased anything ever from Watsons, so I have no idea what their reputation is for after sales support.   My buddy did get an above ground pool there, but so far hasn't had any problems.

I also found, quite by accident, the local Arctic dealer.  Didn't even know we had one.  I was tempted to pop in and check things out, but was pressed for time.  

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 11:58:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42