What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: potassium peroxymonosulfate every now&then  (Read 10641 times)

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
Re: potassium peroxymonosulfate every now&then
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 03:17:42 pm »
How often do you use the dichlor and how often?

In my Vista (500 gal.) I've been using 3tspns to shock every other week (alternating weekly with mps shocks) and one to two tspns (depending on severity of use) after each use. Even with this much more dichlor than is recommended by HS with EverFresh, it really doesn't register at all when I use my Taylor test kit.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 03:17:42 pm »

stiffy

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2004, 07:58:15 pm »
Through a little research and advice from this forum, I just wanted to get some info out on the everydayadd, add, add, add after every use.
Dichol rules theres no dought dut it does need help and that comes from a heavy duty oxidizer(potassium peroxymonosulfate).

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 06:57:44 am »
TonyP,

I don't know if you were asking me, but I'll give you my answer.

I use 1 tsp. (teasp00n) of dichlor when I exit the spa.  I also add a tsp. if my husband has been in with me (but that is rare during the summer).  I then shock with dichlor once a week by putting in 1 tblsp. (tablesp00n).  This keeps my water clean and clear!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 08:11:01 am »
Through a little research and advice from this forum, I just wanted to get some info out on the everydayadd, add, add, add after every use.
Dichol rules theres no dought dut it does need help and that comes from a heavy duty oxidizer(potassium peroxymonosulfate).

It has been my unscientific observation that if your water does cross over and start to get cloudy or slightly greenish, the shock amount of MPS recovers it faster. I use dichlor daily and the MPS shock around once a week or when trouble hits.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 08:11:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42