What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Troubleshooting 2001 Caldera Tahitian, FLO Error - Updated  (Read 1832 times)

thaotrang

Troubleshooting 2001 Caldera Tahitian, FLO Error - Updated
« on: January 04, 2019, 03:10:36 am »
The 30 Amp transformer fuse was blown.

I replaced that, and now I have a constant FLO error, and nothing will work.
I replaced the heater 2 years ago, it's a Balboa trombone heater, and to my knowledge has no pressure switch. The two jet pumps are fairly new as well, 1 is 3 years old, the other 2 years.
Could this be the recirculation pump?

Any thoughts?

-----------------
We have a 1st quarter 2001 Caldera Tahitian with a Balboa 9800CP board that just stopped working. The top controls are dead - nothing is powered up.

The board is getting power to it, the GFCI is good, and the breaker was not tripped when we discovered it wasn't working.  Inspecting the board, there is nothing obvious - nothing is burned, discolored, or melted, and no rodent or insect evidence anywhere. It seems like I remember there was a small red light that would light up on the board when powered up - it is not on.

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I live in a small town three hours from a major city, so calling a tech out here would be a costly endeavor.
Could the board be bad?

Hot Tub Forum

Troubleshooting 2001 Caldera Tahitian, FLO Error - Updated
« on: January 04, 2019, 03:10:36 am »

bud16415

Re: Troubleshooting 2001 Caldera Tahitian, FLO Error - Updated
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:56:35 am »
I’m not a services person at all but have a Caldera tub and try and do my own repairs and did my own install.

I didn’t know there was a transformer inside the tub or fuses for that matter.

To blow a 30a fuse would require quite a fault and I’m surprised the GFCI breaker function didn’t trip first. That kind of a trip would or could very likely damage the circuit board I would think. It sounds like you have retrofitted some of the system away from original specs over the years.

I suspect it will be hard to get help troubleshooting without hands on service or some photos and a circuit drawing. There are some sharp folks here that do service though and if you are patient they may be able to offer some clues to look at.

Good luck.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:30:30 pm »
If there is no place for a pressure switch to plug into the circuit board, then I don't believe there is one.  You could have a handful of things going on.  Assuming you have checked the obvious (adequate water level and filter is not plugged).

A weak or failed circulation pump
Bad circuit board
Bad sensor
Bad heater?

I would contact Caldera tech support. Have your serial number ready because there were two different versions of the Tahitian in 2001.  They should at least be able to walk you through what the issues could be and how to troubleshoot.  Explain that you have no local support so that they don't try and pawn you off on the local dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:30:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42