What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: catalina spas  (Read 23024 times)

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: catalina spas
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2004, 09:11:59 pm »
Iggman,

Where are you in this discussion?
What spa are you leaning to after starting such a healthy  discussion concerning Catalina?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2004, 09:11:59 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2004, 09:26:37 pm »
Hey Maverick,
Thanks for clearing up the confusion! Still confused as to whether you were a D1 dealer or a salesman but it really doesn't matter, I'm glad you have had a great experience with your spa and are passionate about it! It's much better for all of us than someone that has had a bad spa experience telling everyone that spas are a nightmare and they shouldn't buy one.

Everybody seems to fit in a spa differently! An example is that I too have a "size" problem, years of boxing and competitive strength sports left me built odd. At only 5'9" I wear a size 52 jacket more for my chest and arm size than shoulders. Needless to say there are no "Big and Short" stores! I like a 7 ft spa that I can reach the foot jets with my short legs but need a deep seat for my long torso. Marquis fits me well (wish I could find a jacket that did!).

Also, thanks for "grading" my post! I, like so many others, depend way to much on spell check and grammar check! BTW, what is the rule for were and where? It's been an awfully long time since I was in school.

Shoemaker,
You certainly may call me Stu everyone has my whole life! Glad to see you doing some competitive shopping. Let me know how it goes and if I can be of assistance.

Maverick

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2004, 11:51:45 pm »
Stuart: "Were" is a verb referring to the past tense. Often, it is used as the plural form of "was". "Where" is an adverb normally referring to a location.

For example, where were you yesterday? I was here. You were not. You were somewhere. Where? Some of the people I know were here, some were there.

Regarding the D1 dealership, because I was then a major investor, I considered myself as a co-owner/silent partner with the "dealer" whose background was in spa repair.

He has done quite well in spite of considerable (some of it healthy) competition from some of the other "name" brands.

By the way, one reason we were able to land a D1 dealership was that the nearest D1 dealer is located about 45 miles from here and he was pushing D1 to get a dealership here because he was straining to keep up with warranty repairs on his installed D1s. (Can't resist bashing....bad habit).

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2004, 12:24:00 am »
Mav,  
You got to stop "bashing" the big boys! You’re starting to sound as myopic as JA. I said before that I have done this for over 1/3 of my life and I just gotta tell you - other than Master Spas (and I think Master even has a better warranty then Catalina) I had more service nightmares with Catalina than any other spa I've ever dealt with (actually Sunrise was the worst "Per Capita" 9 sales, 22 service calls) and I do a very good job of tracking service history!  

Yes I had some service issues with D1 in the early years but dealing with them for warranty was a cakewalk compared to trying to deal with Catalina.

As I stated before, it's great that you had a good experience with one or even two Catalina’s but I've had trouble with well over 20 times that many units from the same manufacture.

BTW, I really do appreciate the grammatical lesson, in that realm you do really sound like your the expert!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 01:43:01 pm by stuart »

iggman

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2004, 05:33:47 pm »
Thank you all for your responses, I read them all carefully.  After reading and researching, I am  deciding between D1 and Sundance for the most part.  We still may test hot springs too.  thanks again.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2004, 05:33:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42