What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Non Chlorine alternatives  (Read 1727 times)

chlorineisnotmyfriend

Non Chlorine alternatives
« on: August 07, 2018, 12:29:22 pm »
I have been a hot tub user for many years, and during that time I have developed a sensitivity to chlorine.  I get itchy, irritated skin, and it does not affect other users (this is not hot tub rash).  I shower in/out and have been trying chlorine alternatives without much success.  1) Silver/mineral sticks, which only requires low dose chlorine, it was still too much for me.  2) Baquaspa which was great on the first cycle, but the second cycle had water issues (but no sensitivity) and requires a lot of maintenance. 3) I just purchased Pristine Blue only to find out it also requires chlorine as a primary sanitizer (didn't know until I looked at the label).  ** I have heard about colloidal silver, thieves oil, hydrogen peroxide (no idea how to get 35%) as alternatives but need from feedback from others who have tried and had success or failure.  Please help as I just did a water change and now have no idea how to move forward.  TIA

Hot Tub Forum

Non Chlorine alternatives
« on: August 07, 2018, 12:29:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42