What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyer - Marquis Hollywood vs Bullfrog X7 vs South Seas Spa 735  (Read 4432 times)

Dallas31

Hello all, was wondering if you guys could help me and my wife out. We are purchasing a hot tub for the first time and can’t make a decision. We have narrowed down our selection to the following hot tubs:

Marquis Hollywood $6200
Bullfrogs X7 7500
South Sea Spa 735l $6950

What are some of your recommendations? Any other spas we should be considering in this price range? We plan on using it a few times a month for barbecues and get togethes. We want something reliable and affordable. I am leaning towards either the Hollywood or 735l at the moment.

Thanks for your time and your help!

Hot Tub Forum

The Wizard of Spas

The South Seas 735L seems high on pricing.  I hope you're getting financing, steps, cover lift, etc.

Dallas31

The South Seas 735L seems high on pricing.  I hope you're getting financing, steps, cover lift, etc.

I am not financing, paying cash. But this price includes delivery, set-up, steps, cover, upgraded acrylic, ozone and DynaStar LED package. I have not negotiated the price, I am assuming I can get him to drop it by $500 at least. Thanks for your insight. Which of the 3 spas do you think would be a better choice?

The Wizard of Spas

I am almost positive that ozone and DynaStar are standard features.  Acrylic should't be more than $100 retail, if not less.  Cover is standard, steps can't be much.  Again- I no longer sell them but that still seems high.  After all- The 735B or L are their "special" units that they make for Home & Garden shows, tent sales, etc.  Maybe you're waaaaay in the Northeast, far from Vegas and shipping is high.

In the midewest we sold them with steps and cover lifts for like $5600...

Dallas31

I am almost positive that ozone and DynaStar are standard features.  Acrylic should't be more than $100 retail, if not less.  Cover is standard, steps can't be much.  Again- I no longer sell them but that still seems high.  After all- The 735B or L are their "special" units that they make for Home & Garden shows, tent sales, etc.  Maybe you're waaaaay in the Northeast, far from Vegas and shipping is high.

In the midewest we sold them with steps and cover lifts for like $5600...

Thanks for letting me know, actually located in Tucson, Arizona... Only a 5 hour drive from Vegas so I must be getting bamboozled on the price.

MarKee

Good price on the Hollywood, especially if it’s the 2019 version.

Dallas31

Good price on the Hollywood, especially if it’s the 2019 version.

Thanks ended up going this route. Got them down to 6,000 on the 2019 version with delivery, ozanator, and stainless steel jets.

MarKee

That's a really great deal.  Congrats on the tub.  Enjoy it!

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42