What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Covers  (Read 2117 times)

Kodiak Bob

Hot Tub Covers
« on: May 29, 2018, 06:41:22 pm »
I just purchased a new hot tub and, like most people, I'm interested in keeping my operating costs as low as possible. I have an Artic Spas Kodiak which I understand is a pretty cost-efficient tub to operate. Because my tub is pretty exposed to the sun and we experience pretty cold winters (Central Saskatchewan) I am looking at two accessories; A spa cover/skirt that fits over the hard cover and will offer some protection from the sun and a thermal blanket for extra insulation in the winter. Do any experienced users see any drawbacks to either item? Can both items be used together without causing any problems including damage to the hard cover? Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Covers
« on: May 29, 2018, 06:41:22 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hot Tub Covers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:56:05 am »
My main reply is to welcome  you to the forum.  My only thought on the additional cover is, if you create one more thing to do when you use your tub, your less likely to use it.  After a hot soak on a cold night, its nice to just close the cover and go.  Having to put on an additional cover might make you think twice about going out at all. (We use our tub 300+ nights a year)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot Tub Covers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:56:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42