What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Labor Day  (Read 4889 times)

Chris_H

Labor Day
« on: September 03, 2004, 04:22:35 pm »
All,

I just wanted to wish all of you a happy and safe Labor Day.  

Also if anyone is interested helping on Monday, I will be at 12910 North Zuni Street in Westminster, Colorado helping Stuart finish dig his hole.

Chris H

Hot Tub Forum

Labor Day
« on: September 03, 2004, 04:22:35 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Labor Day
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 04:55:48 pm »
You're going to need a really high capacity scoop shovel if you're going there to dig around.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 06:45:26 pm »
Out labor day is without our hot tub  :( We are off to the National Buffalo Wing Festival!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 09:41:53 pm »
All,

I just wanted to wish all of you a happy and safe Labor Day.  

Also if anyone is interested helping on Monday, I will be at 12910 North Zuni Street in Westminster, Colorado helping Stuart finish dig his hole.

Chris H

Are we digging a "bear trap" in JA's front yard?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 09:43:15 pm »
Honestly I think the only thing we will catch there is a weasel or a skunk!

keesterdog

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 04:09:01 pm »
personally i would never dig in my friends hole.
butt that's just me. :o

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 05:51:55 pm »
I just got called out to a delivery site where my guys needed help cutting up and lifting out an old in-ground shell. I tweaked my back.  :-[

Looks like I'll be spending the weekend laying on ice.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 11:48:51 am »
Learned a valuable lesson this year on that subject! First off only 10-15 minuets of ice at a time or you slow down blood flow then after 24 hours alternate 10 minuets of spa then finish with 10 mins on ice. Here’s the catch; the ice doesn’t do much good unless it's worked into the muscle so tie it in place and walk around a bit. This info came from a Doc for the Olympic Athletes!

Now’s a good time to get that book the E-myth I told you about, take a break and read!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 11:49:44 am by stuart »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 12:16:25 am »
Ya know, I ordered that book - at least I got it into my 'shopping basket' at Amazon.com - but I got called away before completing the order.

I may go see about finishing that order now!

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

OnMedic

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 08:20:03 am »
Ice = Decreased Blood Flow = Reduce Swelling (ie. Sprained ankle, fracture bone etc...)

Heat = Increased Blood Flow = Promote Healing

Either or, stuart is on the mark, 10-15 on and 10-15 off. I would never use ice on the back, you want heat to promote healing and keep the muscles around the damaged legiments loose. Most back injuries are Legiments that get streatched/strained.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 08:21:27 am by OnMedic »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 11:57:30 am »
Either or, stuart is on the mark, 10-15 on and 10-15 off. I would never use ice on the back, you want heat to promote healing and keep the muscles around the damaged legiments loose.

This is a good subject for the forum! The reason I talked to the Olympic doc that I know was because an MD recommended that one of my customers not use the spa because the heat caused swelling. After talking to several other medical pros I found most suggested not using the spa in the first 24 hours and then use it frequently but not longer than 10-15 minuets.  In all of my years of boxing we always used ice on joints and heat on muscle injuries. He told me to use the ice in conjunction with the heat and it would not only increase blood flow but it is now believed that it causes a chemical reaction that promotes natural healing to take place. I broke my sacrum bone in my back not long after and was amazed how well this combination worked for me!

OnMedic,
By your handle you must also be in the medical field so input on injuries and hot tubs are greatly appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 11:57:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42