What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hi Guys! New member here looking for a recommendation!  (Read 2900 times)

darkostoj

Hi Guys! New member here looking for a recommendation!
« on: April 11, 2018, 06:55:35 am »
Hey everybody!

I know the forum probably gets TONS of messages like this all the time, but I honestly feel like this will hands down the best way for me to get unbiased information on selecting my hot tub. 

I have always wanted one, and its a bit of an expensive purchase.  I wanted to make sure I was making the right choice since it seems like selecting the wrong model can lead to headaches down the road. I found this forum when doing research on a Costco model.

The only requirements I have is that I wanted something 7x7, 220v, and the ability to control temp & play music from a phone. I have never owned a hot tub before so I am curious if there are any other things I should definitely have.

As far as budget goes, I know its not going to be cheap. I'm just looking for good value per dollar.

I will be doing the full install myself, and I will ship it to my shop.  Ordering online is OK.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hi Guys! New member here looking for a recommendation!
« on: April 11, 2018, 06:55:35 am »

darkostoj

Re: Hi Guys! New member here looking for a recommendation!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 06:58:32 am »
Also, forgot to mention I am in Michigan and will plan on keeping it running during the winter.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 09:28:45 am »
All of your reputable manufacturers sell through a dealer network, not direct to the consumer.  As for quality, I would look into Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Nordic, and Sundance.  All of the above will have quality, value-minded options.

Beck0101

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:35:33 am »
Depending on where in Michigan you are you should immediately locate your nearest Watson's store.  If Bullfrog is on your list you won't find any other dealer that can get even remotely close to their prices.  Watsons has some kind of raging deal going with Bullfrog...and the tubs are great.

Thisismyname

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 10:44:07 am »
I'm also in Michigan and just got a Bullfrog A8 last fall.  The prices in the area seem to be absurd according to dealers in this forum.

I got an A8 delivered with cover, lifter, etc. for $9,400 total.  Seems others are in the $13-15k for this.

Forget about any music options with whatever tub you go with.  You can get a great bluetooth setup outside the tub for like $200 vs. the $1500 they charge on the tub.  Plus I've heard they are not very good quality or reliability.

Ghvf

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 11:24:53 am »
As you are in Michigan check out Nordic and Viking. They both make mid-level tubs are considerable value options. Some of their designs include a super strong whirlpool jet as well.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:41:32 am »
All of your reputable manufacturers sell through a dealer network, not direct to the consumer.  As for quality, I would look into Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Nordic, and Sundance.  All of the above will have quality, value-minded options.

This is a good list, visit the websites for each and use their dealer locators to see if they have someone local. Visit as many as you're willing to and wet test your top 2 or 3!

Decide largely based on what feels best in the wet test but also factor in your gut feel for whether the dealership seems like they'll be there for you after the sale!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

silversun

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 01:06:22 pm »
I'm also in Michigan and just got a Bullfrog A8 last fall.  The prices in the area seem to be absurd according to dealers in this forum.

I got an A8 delivered with cover, lifter, etc. for $9,400 total.  Seems others are in the $13-15k for this.

Forget about any music options with whatever tub you go with.  You can get a great bluetooth setup outside the tub for like $200 vs. the $1500 they charge on the tub.  Plus I've heard they are not very good quality or reliability.
+1. There's a lot of inexpensive waterproof bluetooth speakers options on amazon. some are even sub $50 and sound great!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 01:06:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42