What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance or Hotspring...Please Help???  (Read 5129 times)

D_K

Sundance or Hotspring...Please Help???
« on: August 31, 2004, 03:55:50 pm »
My husband and I are trying to decide whether the Sundance Cameo or Hot Spring Envoy is the better buy.  Both of the dealers were offering no sales tax, free delivery and take away of old spa, cover and cover lifter, ozonator, LED lights. Both dealers were nice and we felt comfortable with both.  They were offering them for $8000 and that was after trying to negotiate  as much as possible.  Everyone's price that I have seen on here seems to be lower and we don't want to get ripped off.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance or Hotspring...Please Help???
« on: August 31, 2004, 03:55:50 pm »

briguy

Re: Sundance or Hotspring...Please Help???
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 03:59:51 pm »
did you wet test the tubs?  still undecided??? wet test again?????????

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 03:59:59 pm »
Go with your instinct.  One is as good as the other, IMO.

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 04:52:37 pm »
D K:
Unfortunately, that is the price for both spas in many parts of the country.  Trust me it really is.  Some like to brag how they got a Optima for $7500, but look at Dazedandconfused he is complaining about $400 bucks and is currently tubless.  You don’t want to be him.  Wet-Test both and go buy one because you cannot go wrong with either.
Chris H

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
Re: Sundance or Hotspring...Please Help???h for
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 05:24:59 pm »
did you wet test the tubs?  still undecided??? wet test again?????????

Yes, you must wet test. I believe those to be two quite different tubs. We felt the jets in the Sundance were way too much power for us even dialed down, and felt the Envoy was just right. But everybody is different.

stiffy

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 06:13:03 pm »
Dk, we started with sundance and hotspings but where a little sticker shy.  If this is not a prob,.
wet test the sweetwater palermo from sundance and the caldera spas (hotspring and caldera made by same manufacturer) to get a judgment on the first two.
Yes they might be lower end spas but we found
them a good reference to compare if they high end extras was worthwhy'll.
good luck!

UnderTheStars

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 08:46:19 pm »
Hi DK!  ditto on the wet test.  We had it all figured out (which to buy) until we got in.  Instantly our "second choice" became THE one to buy.  It's hard to wait, but worth it.  .  .  (also kinda fun hanging out at the spa stores while you're deciding.)

Take your time, try 'em out so you can be happy with your choice for a long time  :)

Gerrym

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 05:04:17 am »
We wet tested the Envoy and loved it, but we thought we had better wet test the Sundance before commiting. Unfortunately, the Sundance dealer was a complete asshole whose sales pitch was just about how crap HS are. Don't know about you, but a lot of my decisions are based not just on the product, but also who we are buying it from.
Needless to say we went with the Envoy as HS could not have been more pleasant and helpful.
We have now had it for 8 weeks, tubbed every day and absolutely love it!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 09:31:11 am »
D K:
Unfortunately, that is the price for both spas in many parts of the country.  Trust me it really is.  Some like to brag how they got a Optima for $7500, but look at Dazedandconfused he is complaining about $400 bucks and is currently tubless.  You don’t want to be him.  Wet-Test both and go buy one because you cannot go wrong with either.
Chris H

What he said!  

We came down to the Grandee or the Optima and the wet test back to back decided for us.  Both tub were priced the same and the dealers were both superb to work with.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 06:53:38 pm »
Two great brands and wet testing is important.

Do yourself a favor and search out a Marquis dealer if in the area and take a look at the Euphoria.  I believe that  its the best value between the three.

D_K

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 07:38:14 pm »
I have never heard of Marquis....until I started reading on this website....I have a feeling that there is not a dealer close to us....It just seems to be HS and Sundance.  I live in Southern California-South Bay....Anyone familiar with this area and other dealers???

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 08:49:02 pm »
I'll do some reseaarch and get back to you as to where the nearest Marquis dealer is located.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 09:53:35 pm »
you can also try to locate a Marquis dealer in your zipcode on their site
http://www.marquisspas.com/locator.asp
e

D_K

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2004, 10:31:19 pm »
Thanks Empolgation for the Marquis link to find the nearest dealer.....The only problem is that they are about an hour and half drive from where I am at.....I guess I have to stick with HS and Sundance....which is not bad but I am just trying to explore my options...

D_K

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2004, 11:13:08 pm »
exploring options is a good thing - check your local phonebook too and call spa places to see what they have - not all websites are up to date.
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2004, 11:13:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42