What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How much should I ask for my used hot tub?  (Read 3470 times)

amyjo

How much should I ask for my used hot tub?
« on: March 18, 2018, 05:54:23 pm »
Hello -- Greetings from Spokane, Wash. I would like to sell the hot tub in the home I recently bought. I'm not a hot tub person (I know, sorry). It's a Sundance Spas 850 Series. It looks to be a 2004 Cameo model. Covered. Seats four people. I've used it a few times; everything works fine. It has some wear-and-tear: headrests are peeling, there is a mark on the control panel, and the outer walls are somewhat weather-faded with a couple of dings. The tub surface is still vibrant and shiny. Overall, it has been well-maintained.

What do you think? How much should I ask?

Thanks for any help or advice!
-Amy

Hot Tub Forum

How much should I ask for my used hot tub?
« on: March 18, 2018, 05:54:23 pm »

buttoh

Re: How much should I ask for my used hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 08:12:07 pm »

Not speaking to your brand specific, but Hot Tubs in general.

Had one a little newer in nice shape.  I gave it away with the caveat that whoever got it had to pick it up and haul off.  When I bought my Bullfrog recently my dealer had 50 older spas they "hauled off" from customers and were just awaiting disposal.  I asked them if they were waiting to "part them out" and they looked and me like I was stupid. Not trying to discourage you, but Hot Tubs may be one of the best things you can do for you life but one of the worst things you can do for your wallet.  In other words, the depreciation on Hot Tubs makes depreciation on cars look like a good investment.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 08:54:01 pm »
Not sure what the market is for used hot tubs in your area but my guess is that you are probably looking at $500 - $750. 

karismom

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 12:32:13 am »
Problem is, it will probably cost someone around $500-$600 just to move it.

I agree with the above poster about the depreciation. Like cars. 'Course, I just bought a 2008 Honda Accord five speed manual transmission with 23k miles on it, looks like it just rolled out of the factory, for $7800. So it depends on what someone wants. :)

If I were you I would keep it. Never know when it might come in handy therapeutically.

amyjo

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 02:04:24 pm »
Thank you for your expertise and time responding to my question!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 04:43:27 pm »
  I would start at 1000 and come down.  Spokane is pretty large area..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 04:43:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42