What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice for a Hot Tub  (Read 2570 times)

drhiii

Advice for a Hot Tub
« on: March 02, 2018, 12:34:56 am »
Am looking for recommendations for a hot tub/spa.  Looking for reasonably powerful jets for massage purposes (explained below), ozone function, a 2 person hence somewhat lighter hot tub, able to function in Colorado climes which here are down to typically 20 degrees, occasionally dipping down to 10 to 0, and only very occasionally below 0 tho this year we never went lower than 7 degrees here, so far.  And looking for a 110-220 capability.  Cost is an issue too.

Reason for cost considerations and massage action is… my wife is a liver transplant recipient, just celebrated 25 years.  Meds from the transplant ended up tearing apart her joints.  She incurred 6 total joint replacements and two ankle fusions, one within the last couple of months.  To put it simply, she lives in high chronic pain.  Hence the need to find a reasonable massage type jet action for the neck, upper and lower back, and legs. 

I know this is asking a lot for a lower cost hot tub, but cost is an issue as we are skewered financially.  But I need to find something that can help this aspect of her pain. 

I’ve arrived at the QCA Cordoba as a prime candidate.  And believe Hudson Bay and Aquarest spas have possible candidates.

Opinions?  I would appreciate any insight towards what I think may work, bang for the buck and function.   

Hot Tub Forum

Advice for a Hot Tub
« on: March 02, 2018, 12:34:56 am »

Beck0101

Re: Advice for a Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:56:25 am »
There are cases where a hot tub can be prescribed as treatment by a doctor.  If this were the case you would potentially be able to get the tub investment covered by insurance.

Have you talked to your doctor about such things?

drhiii

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:14:22 pm »
Tx for the reply.  We are about to broach this yes.  Tx for the idea on this.  We will follow through with that yessir. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 03:26:36 pm »
You say cost is an issue. You said jets are important. Is reliability and longevity? Comfort? Ease of use?

How much is your budget?
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 04:06:51 pm »
Don’t underestimate the benefits from the heat alone. I find with pain I get much more relief from sitting in still water at 103 –104f depending on the outside air temp. The jets will help also I think but she needs to really test tubs to know what she will like and what will help her. You also want to think about entering and exiting the tub and how that will work for her.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 04:06:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42