What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions re jets and interior choices  (Read 1630 times)

LadyAnn

Questions re jets and interior choices
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:09:20 pm »
Love this forum!  I've been able to search out most of my questions and am almost ready to dry then wet test smaller Hot Spring, Bullfrog, and Artesian units.  I just have a couple of questions that popped up when I read the thread about what people would do next time or if doing over.

What kinds of therapeutic jets do you love or hate? (Spinal cord injury here, need jets from neck to feet.) There are a lot of choices and I don't have a starting point yet.

Pearlescent? Dark color? Textured or smooth surface? Do you have a preference on interior color and surface, and if so why?

Again, thanks for all contributions!

Hot Tub Forum

Questions re jets and interior choices
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:09:20 pm »

bud16415

Re: Questions re jets and interior choices
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 05:38:04 pm »
Welcome to the site.

It is not about how many jets. Cheap tubs often show that it has 98 jets compared to 24 of a leading brand. Those little jets are like points where the big ones work a large area. Our tub came with several sizes and numbers and there were 8 of the larger jets. She liked the lounger best and I liked the upright seats best but when I get a chance I like the lounger too. She liked the large jets that spin so I moved all 4 of them to the lounger. So you can move them around. Our tub has valves along with 2 speed pumps so you can change the force of the jets in a given seat. She likes things maxed out I like mid force. You wont know until you sit in one what is enough and too much for you. I often don’t even turn on the jets as I get more pain relief from the heat in the water. I don’t think she has ever been in the tub without jets. Our tub has a setting and a big jet called whirlpool and it doesn’t blast you at all it causes all the water in the tub to move in a circle I love that feature she doesn’t care for it. Our tub also has an air pump and jets that shoot out bubbles. I like it a lot in the summer when we keep the tub cooler around 99f. She doesn’t like the bubbles. Out captains seat has wrist jets and we both love them. Wet testing will show you what you like.

I wanted a pearl white smooth acrylic surface. I didn’t think we would care for the color lights but most tubs come with them. the white really looks beautiful lit at night and the colors have a relaxing effect as does the water fall, but again she doesn’t much care for that feature. I want my water perfect at all times and I want to look in and see it sparkle I think you feel that better with a light color. I also feel the least bit or beginnings of anything on the slick surface. About once a week I get in with a micro fiber cloth and just wipe over the surfaces they go right back to slick and smooth. Our friends have a textured tub and I personally feel the texture and the dark color can hide anything growing on it.

Your skin is in close contact with your tub and part of the experience and relaxation is how the tub feels to your skin.

Lastly think about where your tub will sit and what your views will be, and what side the steps will be on and how you will open and close the cover. When the cover is open will it block your view? Think about wind and weather. And snow and ice you walk across to get to it. I added a outdoor water source right next to the tub and inside the house I can blend the water from hot to cold. I have a 10’ long hose there for filling and deicing when needed with hot water. I also added a hose to attach to the drain port that takes the old water and gets rid of it.

Hope this gives you a few ideas.     

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Questions re jets and interior choices
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 05:38:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42