What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Petite Female Looking for Hot Tub That Fits  (Read 2353 times)

l.a.spates

Petite Female Looking for Hot Tub That Fits
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:18:35 am »
Hi, all - In addition to being a first time purchaser and a first time poster, I'm also a petite female (5'3" 100 lbs.) deciding between a Hot Springs Sovereign and a Caldera Tahitian. I'm wondering which of the two might fit me better. I'd LOVE a lounger (I love taking baths), but I always feel like I'm floating away in other people's loungers.

For the dealers out there, which brand/model do your short shoppers usually prefer? Can you comment on the depth of the loungers from hips to surface, and the distance between the foot indentations and the lounger's knee-bend?

It seems that the Calderas have a more bucket-seat-type layout whereas the Hot Springs are a flatter-type seat, like more 'bench-y.' Am I off the mark on that?

Thank you!

- L.A.

Northern California

Hot Tub Forum

Petite Female Looking for Hot Tub That Fits
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:18:35 am »

wondertubs

Re: Petite Female Looking for Hot Tub That Fits
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 09:31:49 pm »
Well, I don't know about those, but you might get an idea from this one: "The Montclair spa features a petite lounge seat and a low profile for easy exit and entry. A petite, series-exclusive spiral-action lounge seat helps tension in muscles and joints drift away as you enjoy a full-body massage from your shoulders to your feet."

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:50:02 am »
Hi, all - In addition to being a first time purchaser and a first time poster, I'm also a petite female (5'3" 100 lbs.) deciding between a Hot Springs Sovereign and a Caldera Tahitian. I'm wondering which of the two might fit me better. I'd LOVE a lounger (I love taking baths), but I always feel like I'm floating away in other people's loungers.

For the dealers out there, which brand/model do your short shoppers usually prefer? Can you comment on the depth of the loungers from hips to surface, and the distance between the foot indentations and the lounger's knee-bend?

It seems that the Calderas have a more bucket-seat-type layout whereas the Hot Springs are a flatter-type seat, like more 'bench-y.' Am I off the mark on that?

Thank you!

- L.A.

Northern California

The issue of how a lounge fits involves not only how its designed but also the person's height, ratio of torso to leg length, body mass ... but there isn't any formula to say whether a certain lounge will work for a certain person. I'm 5'10" and my wife is 5'2" so we ran into the issue of what we liked that would work for both of us so we skipped the lounge but in our case it was also due to the fact that we had 3 kids so we couldn't afford to have a lounge take up 1/3 of the spa that the kids couldn't use and she may not like. If you get a lounge make sure it has enough other good seats available to you in case you don't use the lounge much. In reality no one can assure you that any particular lounge spa will work for you, only a wet test will truly tell you but at least you're looking at tubs that aren't too deep.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:17:17 am »
Hi, all - In addition to being a first time purchaser and a first time poster, I'm also a petite female (5'3" 100 lbs.)

We talk a lot here about wet testing and how many stores allow/encourage it, but in your case it might be essential. I personally wouldn't want to need to use a cushion or other type of added seat, it adds to the inconvenience and you might stop using it if it isn't convenient. If you are looking at a tub with a lounger, look for one that angle the legs down, it forces you more upright and makes it easier to keep your face out of the water.  Are you going to use the tub with anyone else? At your size, you may find only 1 or 2 seats in a 5 person tub that is comfortable for you. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:17:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42