What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Are online hot tub covers a good deal?  (Read 3340 times)

scd_cosprgs

Are online hot tub covers a good deal?
« on: August 20, 2004, 11:46:24 am »
Hello,

I have a 2002 Tiger River Siberian and it needs a new hot tub cover.  I called my local dealer and they want about $450 or so for one.  I decided to take a look online and found some covers from manufactures like Duratherm, Thermoshield, and SpaMate.  These seem to advertise more advanced features than the standard cover and also are a bit less expensive.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience ordering a cover online?  Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Hot Tub Forum

Are online hot tub covers a good deal?
« on: August 20, 2004, 11:46:24 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Are online hot tub covers a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 12:16:29 pm »
There are several things to look for:

Thickness of the foam,

Density of the foam,

Quality of the vinyl,

Quality of the vapor barrier,

Reinforcement of critical spots like the hinge and handle areas.

I have sold covers from many makers over the years, but I recommend Doc - RHTubs.com - I find them to have all of these things nailed down. They are a bit wrinkly-looking, and at first I was put off by that. But after thinking it over, and talking to Robert and Andy, I realized that the thicker vapor barrier they use is simply going to be a bit wrinkly, and it is better than some sort of heat-shrink film which is likely to fail sooner.

Also, the vinyl tends to shrink over time, so starting a bit looser ends up being much better in the long run.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 03:41:51 pm »
There are several things to look for:

but I recommend Doc - RHTubs.com

Don't forget to factor in shipping costs.

My friend with a 7 ft cal spa bought one from Doc, I just saw it last weekend it turned out great, I didn't ask him what he paid.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 03:43:30 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tim8686

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 08:47:50 pm »
hi scott,
I got a great deal on a cover online. It has all the features you talked about, and was over $100 dollars cheaper, and shipping was free. It took about six weeks from order to delivery.   Tim

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 08:47:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42