What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First tub on the way, how soon can it be used?  (Read 5217 times)

bud16415

Re: First tub on the way, how soon can it be used?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 10:22:58 am »
I used mine about 5 hours after being filled , but there was water at bottom  when they took it off of truck, and I asked what it was before I started filling and they said it was water from being squirted off.  They said the chemicals will clean it.  Please clean wipe down before filling , I found plastic in tub and filter , and water from another source than what I got tested at store messed up the chemical sheet they gave me when I got my water tested before I got the tub.  I used mine that evening.  they came at 7am and did the electrical too and were gone by 10 am at which the tub was quarter of the way filled when they left , started filling at 8 am.. Good luck , I love my hot tub use it everyday..

Nope the Bromine will take charge and the Chlorine will convert.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 10:22:58 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 03:34:02 pm »
I'm curious as to when I should start sanitizing...Do I sanitize as soon as water is filled or do I wait until water is heated up?

Its the same water you bathe or shower in, use it right away and sanitize after.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 06:52:23 pm »
I'm curious as to when I should start sanitizing...Do I sanitize as soon as water is filled or do I wait until water is heated up?

Its the same water you bathe or shower in, use it right away and sanitize after.

I would sanitize while it's heating. Bring it up to 3-5 PPM. Still lower than a public pool in case it doesn't dissipate before you use it.
Retired

bradleyabell

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 07:27:09 pm »

I’m going to be using the frog mineral system so I should have enough chlorine in it from just filling up up tub. They recommend only 1PPM with this system

I would sanitize while it's heating. Bring it up to 3-5 PPM. Still lower than a public pool in case it doesn't dissipate before you use it.

I am also going to be using the frog mineral filter stick with a bromine floater, so it sounds like I should be good once it's filled and heated up! (As long as the PH, etc is in line)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:13:35 am by bradleyabell »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 07:52:18 am »

I’m going to be using the frog mineral system so I should have enough chlorine in it from just filling up up tub. They recommend only 1PPM with this system

I am also going to be using the frog mineral filter stick with a bromine floater, so it sounds like I should be good once it's filled and heated up! (As long as the PH, etc is in line)

Sometimes the PH and ALK can take slow adjustments over days and even weeks. I wouldn't not use it because the balance isn't right.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 07:52:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42