What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question about possible rust in the works from living near the coast  (Read 1623 times)

Henry

Hello, I am considering getting a outside/backyard hot tub system.  I live 10 blocks from the Pacific Ocean in San Francisco.  I am wondering what risks I run, having the equipment in the housing of the tub being exposed to the salt water air.  I once lived 2 blocks from the ocean and an older tub had the motor sieze up within 6 months... It was an older tub with very little if any protection from the elements.  before I drop big $ on an electrician and the tub, I wanted to hear from those with experience, who live near the ocean. 

Many thanks.

Henry

Hot Tub Forum

bud16415

Re: Question about possible rust in the works from living near the coast
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:19:08 am »
I don’t think, but don’t know 100% That you shouldn’t have any problems Salt Air related. The same kinds of electronics and motors that are in your car and things in your house are in the tubs built today. Direct salt mist or spray would be a problem but at 10 blocks I don’t see it being much of a problem. Do others around you have spas? What do the local dealers say?

We don’t have salt water up on the Great Lakes but we get down to -30f and the tubs run fine. They are pretty solidly designed products. 

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Question about possible rust in the works from living near the coast
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:19:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42