What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Stil 7 vs Sundance Elite \ jacuzzi JXL  (Read 7830 times)

Fkpm

Bullfrog Stil 7 vs Sundance Elite \ jacuzzi JXL
« on: May 30, 2017, 08:24:56 pm »
I am considering both the BullFrog stil 7 or the Sunadance Elite (Victoria). At least online the Jacuzzi JXL looks identical to the Sundance elite. I have seen the Sundance and will be headed to the Bullfrog dealer this weekend. I have spoken with them on the phone, but as they are about 1.5 hour drive from my house, I have yet to make it over there.  I have a local Sundanese dealer, so part of me thinks having a local dealer could be helpful if I have issues,

Anyway, I like the look of both of these models. I have a mid-century modern house, so I like the fact that both look more at home with my design taste; but I also want a great hot tub. The stil has jet packs which I really know nothing about. Also, it seems to have plenty of jets for your back but less for your legs. Also, it seats 6, but three of those seats seem to have few jets.

The elite seems much more traditional as far as the layout goes.

From what I read both are good brands. Any ideas? Anyone have experience with either or both?

Also, is there any difference between the Sundance elite series and the Jacuzzi JXLs? ( I.e. Should I check the Jacuzzi out? I don't have a local Jacuzzi dealer, but there is one about an hour away.

Finally, does anyone have ideas about which is more energy efficient. I live in New England, and want to use it all winter, so keeping the electric bills as low as possible is important.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:52:09 pm by Fkpm »

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Stil 7 vs Sundance Elite \ jacuzzi JXL
« on: May 30, 2017, 08:24:56 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bullfrog Stil 7 vs Sundance Elite \ jacuzzi JXL
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 12:21:51 am »
  All 3 are good brands, Jacuzzi and Sundance one in the same company wise.  I think the Sundance is slightly larger than the JLX.  The stil is unique as the look is different than the JLX or the Sundance all very much on the contemporary side.  They might be hard to find in showrooms, but the euro side likes the look!

Fkpm

Re: Bullfrog Stil 7 vs Sundance Select\ jacuzzi JXL
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 10:45:07 pm »
I saw the Stil 7 at a dealer about an hour away. It was dry, but I was able to get a feel of the size and see the design. The dealer had a Bullfrog A series filled which had similar jet packs, although the  stil jet packs are not identical to the other models.

I like the look and feel of the Stil, but do wonder if the three seats that don't have jet packs are getting shortchanged.

I have not found a Sundanese dealer that has one of their select series in stock.  I don't feel comfortable about spending 12k for something that I have only seen pictures of.

I am still mulling it over but suspect I will go with the Stil.

Last call to other members. I would love to hear from someone who has a stil or a sun dance select.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 01:08:16 am »
Although those spas look cool, they are a speciality spa and probably one of the lesser sellers for both Sundance and Bullfrog, I doubt there are any owners of those on here.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 06:26:54 pm »
I saw the Stil 7 at a dealer about an hour away. It was dry, but I was able to get a feel of the size and see the design. The dealer had a Bullfrog A series filled which had similar jet packs, although the  stil jet packs are not identical to the other models.

I like the look and feel of the Stil, but do wonder if the three seats that don't have jet packs are getting shortchanged.

I have not found a Sundanese dealer that has one of their select series in stock.  I don't feel comfortable about spending 12k for something that I have only seen pictures of.

I am still mulling it over but suspect I will go with the Stil.

Last call to other members. I would love to hear from someone who has a stil or a sun dance select.

I don't own a STIL, but I have both of them (S7 & S5) on my floor and have sat in the S7...flat bench seating is actually very comfortable and practical as well for a "smaller" spa, just keep in mind the JetPaks in the STIL are different than the 'standard' JetPaks, you get to choose from 6 in total vs. 16...Good Luck!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 07:48:03 am »

By the way, welcome to the forum.  After 14 years of hot tub ownership, I'd say we spend 90% of the time in our tub with no jets running, just relaxing. As long as you have 1 or 2 good seats with good jet action, I wouldn't worry about the other 3.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Fkpm

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 10:32:47 pm »
Thanks to all of you for your responses. I do agree that these are probably not the top sellers for either company.  That having been said, I guess I am the niche buyer who is looking for the "cool" factor. i have decided to go with the Stil 7. Once I have it home, I'll post my thoughts, reviews etc. so when the next niche guy or gal comes along, I'll be able to offer my perspective.

Once again thanks to all.

hottubsforhumans

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 11:44:46 pm »
How is the Stil working out?  I am considering it as well along with the A8.  They two dealers in my area don't offer wet tests for the Stil so its hard for me to get a gauge of how the jets are and overall feel.  I'm not sure why they don't it seems they have something to hide?  I'm also curious about the salt water system for Bullfrog.

Thanks

d00nut

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 03:46:28 pm »
How is the Stil working out?  I am considering it as well along with the A8.  They two dealers in my area don't offer wet tests for the Stil so its hard for me to get a gauge of how the jets are and overall feel.  I'm not sure why they don't it seems they have something to hide?  I'm also curious about the salt water system for Bullfrog.

Thanks

The jet pressure on an A6/R6 would be the same on the STIL if that helps.  I think the A8 is a completely different animal.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 04:54:46 pm »

Thanks

Niche spa, Niche customer, Niche look, Lower selling volume is the main reason 99.9% of dealers don't fill the STIL with water....doesn't really have to do with hiding anything really, considering the available JetPaks as well as the 'fixed jets' that are located in the STIL model are available in every other Bullfrog model so like mentioned above you could test a A6/R6 as close comparison. Good Luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 04:54:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42