What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Basic, Quality Hot Tub  (Read 2906 times)

Bicklehoff

Basic, Quality Hot Tub
« on: October 30, 2017, 12:33:36 am »
Hello All!

I am wondering if there is a relatively inexpensive, basic, but quality hot tub out there. Can I forgo most of the bells and whistle and save thousands?

My spa now is the local rec center. I grew up with hot tubs in the 80's, where the primary value was hot water :).

We live in Colorado on the front range, so I'd like to soak for a bit at night, see the kids use it as a small 'pool' on summer evenings. Just a basic tub with hot water, plenty of space,and as trouble free as possible.

Willing to forgo fancy stuff for something that will last a long time with the least amount of maintainance and expense.

I'm thinking maybe around $5k or less?

Thoughts?

Thank you :)!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:38:26 am by Bicklehoff »

Hot Tub Forum

Basic, Quality Hot Tub
« on: October 30, 2017, 12:33:36 am »

OBXJosh

Re: Basic, Quality Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:13:00 am »
I have been very happy with my Nordic DP Impulse and was right around that price.  I have not had a single issue with it and the kids love it.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 10:38:53 am »
Hello All!

I am wondering if there is a relatively inexpensive, basic, but quality hot tub out there. Can I forgo most of the bells and whistle and save thousands?

My spa now is the local rec center. I grew up with hot tubs in the 80's, where the primary value was hot water :).

We live in Colorado on the front range, so I'd like to soak for a bit at night, see the kids use it as a small 'pool' on summer evenings. Just a basic tub with hot water, plenty of space,and as trouble free as possible.

Willing to forgo fancy stuff for something that will last a long time with the least amount of maintainance and expense.

Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum!   Its been 5 years since I've done much pricing. (My Sundance is now just over 5 years old.   If all your looking for is hot water and some decent jet action, I did see a few Jacuzzi models and a couple of others that were around $5k back then.  What dealers do you have within a 50 mile drive or so?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 06:50:08 pm »
I have been very happy with my Nordic DP Impulse and was right around that price.  I have not had a single issue with it and the kids love it.

Nordic does make a great Tub and have a few options in that price range

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 12:18:46 pm »
Hello All!

Thoughts?

1.  Find out any/all spa dealers in your area
2.  Visit them and see their products
3.  See what models best fit your body
4.  Wet Test
5.  Research Dealer, weed out those with a lot of negative reviews
6.  If answer is not self-evident at that point, bring your questions to the forum.  Lots of educated spa people here to help :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 02:24:30 pm »
I grew up with hot tubs in the 80's, where the primary value was hot water :).

Thoughts?

The primary value to a hot tub is still the hot water but we're in America and people often don't just buy based on "need" alone and that's not specific to hot tubs. If they did everyone would drive around in a $15k car rather than $30-50k cars/SUVs despite the fact they really don't get you there faster (not to mention all the people who drive around in big expensive trucks yet they're don't haul/pull anything). To each his own!!

Spa makers have to meet everyone's wants/needs whether its special lighting, jetting, waterfalls... or someone like yourself looking more for function. You may find $5k to be a tight budget to stick to but visit all your local dealers because they should have multiple brands at all price points including more budget minded brands like Freeflow and Nordic that have good reputations.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 03:55:18 pm »
Yeah, definitely stick with one of the reputable brands and look at their entry level lines.  You'll still get quality, just less bells and whistles.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 03:55:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42