What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warranty replacement tub, forgot ozone, 3 week delay  (Read 1520 times)

TLWR

Warranty replacement tub, forgot ozone, 3 week delay
« on: July 30, 2017, 12:57:29 pm »
After a year (yes, actually a year and over 30 phone calls) fighting with Watkins, they have replaced my Caldera Kauai hot tub due to lumps forming in the lounger seat. After insuring multiple times that it would ship with the ozone kit like my original, it arrived without ozone. So 7-10 days shipping, and then several weeks waiting for the local distributor to schedule an install.

The Kauai is a small 3 person, 230 gallon hot tub with a 24/7 circulation pump. My wife and I are the only users, we keep it fairly cool at 97 degrees and we sit in it 45-60 minutes per soak.

We use a nature2 stick and with the previous tub with the installed ozonator, I would use 1TBS of dichlor and 2TBS of baking soda per week, and 1TBS MPS after each soak. That kept the water clean and clear.'

With the replacement tub without ozone, I find that regiment does not work. I get a ring of scum on the tub after each soak. Any idea what I should change my chemical regiment to until the ozonator is installed?

Hot Tub Forum

Warranty replacement tub, forgot ozone, 3 week delay
« on: July 30, 2017, 12:57:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42