What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Floor model hot tub  (Read 3627 times)

Conine2965

Floor model hot tub
« on: July 01, 2017, 02:44:05 pm »
My local dealer has a floor model Saratoga spa Empire model will discount it down to 7800 from 10k fully loaded with the 5 year warranty. Thoughts on plus or minuses. I live about 10 mile from factory and factory does service direct which gets great reviews.

Hot Tub Forum

Floor model hot tub
« on: July 01, 2017, 02:44:05 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Floor model hot tub
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 05:46:35 pm »
don't know too much about them, couldn't really find any detailed warranty info. on their website which can sometimes be a red flag, not always, but sometimes. My 2 biggest questions/concerns would be how do they insulate their spas? (obviously very important if you live in a cold weather climate) and my personal preference for jetting is having a variety of quality jets, you'll notice on the model you are looking at does in fact have quite a few jets, 61 I think, but notice how 50 of them are the same jet which is definitely a negative for me, however it might not bother you at all because 'jetting' is pretty subjective to each user.  Good Luck!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 07:31:52 pm »
don't know too much about them, couldn't really find any detailed warranty info. on their website which can sometimes be a red flag, not always, but sometimes. My 2 biggest questions/concerns would be how do they insulate their spas? (obviously very important if you live in a cold weather climate) and my personal preference for jetting is having a variety of quality jets, you'll notice on the model you are looking at does in fact have quite a few jets, 61 I think, but notice how 50 of them are the same jet which is definitely a negative for me, however it might not bother you at all because 'jetting' is pretty subjective to each user.  Good Luck!

They are a full foam tub. Pretty well respected brand in the Northeast not known too much outside of the area.  Price wise that seems like a good deal.

Conine2965

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 09:12:06 pm »
Full foam and a very full 7/5/5 warranty

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 07:33:44 am »
Solid brand. Didn't make it much past MI and into eastern WI. Have a friend with a very old one (no sure the model) Still running. He has been very happy. Full foam, energy efficient. I have not seen inside of it to evaluate components.
Retired

Conine2965

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 09:38:24 am »
What are thoughts on it being a floor model that is filled?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 10:45:12 am »
What are thoughts on it being a floor model that is filled?

Nothing wrong with a demo.  Probably hasn't been used by many people, and as long as it's getting the full warranty it should be fine.    How is the cover that's been on it?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 11:09:31 am »

They are a full foam tub. Pretty well respected brand in the Northeast not known too much outside of the area.  Price wise that seems like a good deal.

haven't really run into them, sounds similar to Nordic, good little USA manufacturer, just not known all over the country as much

Conine2965

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 11:16:11 am »
Jim I didn't really look to close at the cover but I will tomorrow when I go in for one last look. Any particular things I should look at in the cover or hot tub in general.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 12:38:43 pm »
 See if it seems heavy when lifting it up, they probably have a lifter on it I would assume?   If the underside is really faded and shows the shape of the inside of the spa it means it's been on there for awhile.  Again not a deal breaker, but ask how long it's been running.   Check the pillows as well, if they look like the need replacing you might ask them for anew set.   

Conine2965

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 01:32:57 pm »
Ok thanks

Conine2965

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 03:04:33 pm »
Took a closer look cover in good shape no indentation of tub plus said cover has 3 year warranty. Tub looks brand new even pillows will include 2,new filters with ones in it a already. Put hold on tub til weds anything I am missing?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 03:04:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42