What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Form Hot Tub, not working  (Read 3846 times)

Julia27

Spa Form Hot Tub, not working
« on: May 08, 2017, 06:36:39 am »
Hi, I have a Spa Form Hot tub its an old one the hexagonal shape (50p) its been working fine, then its started once to temp comes up with LF on the key pad, then cuts out as overheating,  We turned it off and tried again a couple of weeks ago, and when we turn it on it trips the electric, its a plug in Tub, we have tried cleaning the filters, taking them out, and also tried replacing the sensors.  Any ideas, or if anyone can recommend someone to fix for me, I obviously dont want to spend hundreds on the tub as its quite old and prob not worth much either, but would like to get it working again.  Thanks in advance  Julie  Im in the UK Berkshire

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Form Hot Tub, not working
« on: May 08, 2017, 06:36:39 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Spa Form Hot Tub, not working
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 07:14:06 pm »
Hi, I have a Spa Form Hot tub its an old one the hexagonal shape (50p) its been working fine, then its started once to temp comes up with LF on the key pad, then cuts out as overheating,  We turned it off and tried again a couple of weeks ago, and when we turn it on it trips the electric, its a plug in Tub, we have tried cleaning the filters, taking them out, and also tried replacing the sensors.  Any ideas, or if anyone can recommend someone to fix for me, I obviously dont want to spend hundreds on the tub as its quite old and prob not worth much either, but would like to get it working again.  Thanks in advance  Julie  Im in the UK Berkshire

Sounds to me like your pump has failed.
Retired

Julia27

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 07:35:41 am »
Hi,  thanks for your reply, can you recommend anyone to repair this, where it wont cost a fortune?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 04:09:49 pm »
Hi,  thanks for your reply, can you recommend anyone to repair this, where it wont cost a fortune?

I could fix it but the plane ticket from the states might make it cost a fortune. Do a google search for your area and see if there is a repair guy close. Or do you have a friend that maybe can?
Retired

Julia27

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 04:50:44 pm »
Ah thanks for your help.  So you think it's the pump. Do I need a replacement pump? I did not realise this site was US

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 06:52:04 am »
Ah thanks for your help.  So you think it's the pump. Do I need a replacement pump? I did not realise this site was US

Well it sounds like it. How old is the pump?
Retired

Julia27

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 04:55:30 pm »
I would not have a clue I've had the tub about 5 yrs an it was not new when I got it. It's a Spa Form Oslo

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 05:38:34 pm »
I would not have a clue I've had the tub about 5 yrs an it was not new when I got it. It's a Spa Form Oslo

If we knew the year we could sharpen our guess a little more.

Make sure your power is off to your tub. Best to check with a meter anything your touching. Your voltage is different than ours.

Are you handy with a screw gun do you think you could take the equipment bay panel off? In there you will find the pump, it looks like a big electric motor (like a bench grinder sized motor) with a small attachment on one end with some plumbing.

But inside the equipment bay panel or on the panel itself or on the control box in there, there will be manufacturer make and model #. With these you can determine the age of the motor if it's never been replaced. I always guess first then verify. With the equipment bay cover off, what happens when you turn the tub back on? Does it make any sound? A click or a hum? What does the control on the tub say? LF first, low flow past sensor, sensor is doing it's job by cutting it out at OH. Am I reading that right?

Do you want to become your own repair person? There has to be some learning you can do on you tube. And google search the manufacturer. They may still be around or even another company. But world wide there aren't a lot of different hot tub parts suppliers. There are more make up color choices out there than brands of pumps and motors for hot tubs.

Yes?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 05:38:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42