What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub on a budget  (Read 2552 times)

mbroady

Hot tub on a budget
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:25:36 pm »
Hello All
I will be a first time hot tub purchaser this summer. Not looking for anything fancy, just a unit that has strong jets for hydrotharapy and can fit 3 to 4 people. Don't need any bells and/or whistles

Any suggestions for a sub 3 grand unit that is reliable? Can it be done? If not, how much does one need to spend to get a good quality, but simple unit.

How much more should one expect to pay if I would like to go with saltwater system
Thanks for your input and helping to educate a newbie

MB
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:34:22 pm by mbroady »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub on a budget
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:25:36 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hot tub on a budget
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:27:35 am »
Welcome to the forum. I haven't been pricing for 3-4 years, but I doubt you will find everything you are looking for at that price.  Maybe 5-6k
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mbroady

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:07:41 am »
Hey Wmccall: Thanks for the response.

I just stared my research and what little I have learned seems to parallel what you state....not much in the 3 grand range. Another option is to find a trust worthy dealer that refurbishes hot tubs. 

I will be moving to the Asheville NC area this summer and found 1 dealer on line. As I get to know my neighbors and community I hope to get some dealer recommendations.

But still like to hear from folks that were on a budget for there first hot tub

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 09:17:12 am »
Unfortunately sub $3k is not possible for a new spa.  Realistically, you will have to increase your budget to $4k - $6k.  At the lower end of that price range you would look into either Nordic or Viking and if you can go to the high end you might be able to get into an entry level spa from either Caldera or Hot Springs, Marquis, Jacuzzi or Sundance.  If $3k is your budget, then I would look into a quality used spa.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 01:50:44 pm »
like Castle mentioned if your cap is 3k then you'll be looking at used only, $4,500 - $5,500 will get you into a Nordic spa with decent hydrotherapy.  One of our best sellers in that price point with the features you are looking for is this: http://nordichottubs.com/nordic-series/item/retreat-se.html?category_id=18

mbroady

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 04:47:41 pm »
Thanks for the link and info. This will be very helpful when the time comes to move forward.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 04:47:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42