What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lesson learned...  (Read 3254 times)

Skysurfer2010

Lesson learned...
« on: January 25, 2017, 04:47:30 pm »
I was away on a work trip and just got back today. I went out back to test my hot tub water only to find the cover flipped half open, my @ease on its side (but not flipped) and the water down about 6" from the fill line! I never used the cover snaps since it's in a locked and small area surrounded on two sides by a 6' fence. I never even gave any thought to the high winds due to the nor'easter a few days ago.

I immediately grabbed the hose to start filling it back up and then tested my water. Chlorine levels are ok, pH is very low, total alkalinity is very low, and calcium hardness is high. I just added some alkalinity increaser and will retest in an hour to see where I'm at. Previously to my work trip I tested the water and everything was perfect.

Lesson learned... use the cover snaps!!!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:49:08 pm by Skysurfer2010 »

Hot Tub Forum

Lesson learned...
« on: January 25, 2017, 04:47:30 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Lesson learned...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 04:52:43 pm »
Here are some after-market straps you can add if that nor'easter gets too nasty: https://www.amazon.com/Cover-Strap-Secure-Spa-Hurricane/dp/B00QD4EJ7M

Disclaimer: make sure you either know what you are doing, or have a professional come out to make sure these get screwed into the proper supports behind the cabinet

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:09:32 pm »
I was away on a work trip and just got back today. I went out back to test my hot tub water only to find the cover flipped half open, my @ease on its side (but not flipped) and the water down about 6" from the fill line! I never used the cover snaps since it's in a locked and small area surrounded on two sides by a 6' fence. I never even gave any thought to the high winds due to the nor'easter a few days ago.

I immediately grabbed the hose to start filling it back up and then tested my water. Chlorine levels are ok, pH is very low, total alkalinity is very low, and calcium hardness is high. I just added some alkalinity increaser and will retest in an hour to see where I'm at. Previously to my work trip I tested the water and everything was perfect.

Lesson learned... use the cover snaps!!!

We've all been there.
Retired

Calisoldier83

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 10:21:03 pm »
I was thinking of investing or innovating in a remote controlled cover assists. But then I remembered if it's not strapped down the cover flings up.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 10:21:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42