What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Unground SPA - Technical question  (Read 1541 times)

Martsmart

Unground SPA - Technical question
« on: January 06, 2017, 09:22:44 am »
Hi I have an ingroud SPA, the SPA pack is on the ground level with the pump. As water always try to reach the lowest part of the system, a very small air leak in the system can cause the pump to loose it's prime. There is a check valve on the suction side of the SPA  but no check valve on the other side. Without air leak the pump will never loose it's prime. I know that the first thing to do is to find this air leak (very small since I see no water along the pipes), but I have an idea: installing another check valve on the other side would prevent water to drain from the pump to the SPA (in the event that a small air leak occur)  because both side will be protect  against  unwanted water flow from pump to SPA when the pump is at off position. The check valve on the suction side is absolutely necessary to prime the pump but the other check valve will be use as a safety feature.

Do you think that is a good idea ?

Hot Tub Forum

Unground SPA - Technical question
« on: January 06, 2017, 09:22:44 am »

bud16415

Re: Unground SPA - Technical question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:11:19 am »
A check valve on the output side would prevent the pump from pumping water out also and you would have no flow. If you want to isolate the pump when it is not running so it will always have water in it I would say you would need a normally closed solenoid valve that would open when the pump was energized. Because these big valves won’t open instantly a timer may also be needed to give the valve a head start of a couple seconds.

I’m just a home owner maybe the pool and spa guys have a different way to do this.   

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Unground SPA - Technical question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:11:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42