What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Going away for 2 months  (Read 2619 times)

jw801

Going away for 2 months
« on: January 01, 2017, 06:55:57 pm »
Going away for 2 months, although I should be able to come back to the house once or twice during that time. What should I do with the hot tub? It's due for a water change anyway, but I won't do that until I get back.

I'm thinking that I should just dump a load of chemicals in there, then when I come back I can empty it out and refill. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Going away for 2 months
« on: January 01, 2017, 06:55:57 pm »

bud16415

Re: Going away for 2 months
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 11:24:01 am »
We don’t know what system you have now for sanitizing your tub. Some tubs have inline systems that go a month at a time if you were back once you could change the cartridge. We also don’t know where you live if it is warm I would drain it and shut it down as it needs changed anyway. Some people have a neighbor or family member look after it.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 03:53:13 pm »
What are the temps in your region?  If you're not threatened by freezing temps then drain the tub and refill when you get back.  If freezing temps do permeate your region then see if there is a local pool / spa store that does house calls.  Find out what visits every two weeks runs.  If its palatable then do that. 

If not then you need to decide on what to do.  Most of it is based on your sanitation system.  That may be limiting at best.  You may see if you can have a neighbor or family member watch it, test it and oversee it whilst you're gone. 

As noted by bud16415, more information is needed in order to answer your question in full.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 03:53:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42