What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie cal spa OH code  (Read 3070 times)

K roj

Newbie cal spa OH code
« on: December 28, 2016, 06:33:39 am »
We have a used cal spa given to us by a friend. Have had it 4 months, working perfectly. Last few weeks it is alerting OH and the temp drops. Can kick back on by simply hitting jet button on topside controls. It However now is kicking back off after a period of time. I removed the filter cartridge to see if this was cause with no luck. This evening, showing OH, pushed jet button, temp displays 108, push temp button to lower, says 100. Any advice would be appreciated, this tub is really in nice condition.

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie cal spa OH code
« on: December 28, 2016, 06:33:39 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Newbie cal spa OH code
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 04:30:31 pm »
We have a used cal spa given to us by a friend. Have had it 4 months, working perfectly. Last few weeks it is alerting OH and the temp drops. Can kick back on by simply hitting jet button on topside controls. It However now is kicking back off after a period of time. I removed the filter cartridge to see if this was cause with no luck. This evening, showing OH, pushed jet button, temp displays 108, push temp button to lower, says 100. Any advice would be appreciated, this tub is really in nice condition.

You didn't mention the age or any updates that may have been made in the past. You may have only one problem but you may also have more. How old is the pump? How old is the heater? How old is the control? Has the voltage been tested and is it correct? Could also be a simple sensor.

OH is generally caused by low water flow during heater function. So, IF the water flow is sufficient then go to flow sensor first before control. If the flow is not correct then backwards to pump/plumbing.

With the goofy topside displaying, weird temp, fluctuations and possible command function, I wonder? I always carried 4-5 spare functioning topsides. But I wouldn't narrow it down to that yet.
Retired

K roj

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 10:37:24 pm »
Tub is from 2004, my first, so kinda learning as I go.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 10:37:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42