What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just ordered Hot Tub  (Read 4942 times)

JaxSAH

Just ordered Hot Tub
« on: December 21, 2016, 03:06:52 pm »
 After owning a Hot Springs Sovereign for 17+ years, I decided to switch to Jacuzzi.  I ordered a J-315 as I wanted to downsize.  The Jetsetter (Hot Springs) lounger was not a good fit for me, but it was in the J-315, so I decided to make the brand switch. 
I hope this hot tub is as good as the Hot Springs has been.

Hot Tub Forum

Just ordered Hot Tub
« on: December 21, 2016, 03:06:52 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Just ordered Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 05:18:36 pm »
Every bit as good as the HS. And if it fits you good, bonus.
Retired

BernieS

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 11:33:13 pm »
I hope you have better luck than me.  I purchased a J 470 a little over 5 years ago and the problems have been non stop.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 07:36:56 am »
My 2nd tub was also smaller, hope it works out for you.  The past few nights have been great soaking weather, hope it arrives soon.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 07:04:14 pm »
I hope you have better luck than me.  I purchased a J 470 a little over 5 years ago and the problems have been non stop.

We have seen a few of these lately. I have been around for better than 15 years and have seen about the same amount in that time. I don't think its indicative of the brand. Or worse than any of the other top manufacturers.

Has your dealer made it right?
Retired

JaxSAH

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 08:39:36 pm »
My 2nd tub was also smaller, hope it works out for you.  The past few nights have been great soaking weather, hope it arrives soon.

Now that it is just me, a smaller tub is better, and I will gain some room in the lanai.  Hot Springs' new design on the moot-massage (mine was the type that run up and down my spine, and it hurt), I was torn about not staying with the Hot Springs.  I would have had to get a Prodigy to have a moot-massage that worked for me, but the whole point of getting a new hot tub was to downsize.  My Sovereign is still working (until a friend comes and gets it in a few weeks), so I have been enjoying the 55 degree weather here in NE Florida in the hot tub.

JaxSAH

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 08:40:56 pm »

I hope so, also.  I cannot imagine living without a hot tub, and if I had one with problems, it would make my life miserable.

JaxSAH

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 08:44:12 pm »
Every bit as good as the HS. And if it fits you good, bonus.

Thanks for the positive comment.
I will miss some of my favorite Hot Springs jets.  I hope I will enjoy the Jacuzzi jets as well.

BernieS

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 02:04:42 am »

We have seen a few of these lately. I have been around for better than 15 years and have seen about the same amount in that time. I don't think its indicative of the brand. Or worse than any of the other top manufacturers.

The dealer has done a good job working with me.  My warranty has been extended 6 months once and from what I understand, I'm about to be extended again.  So far, I've had the pumps, audio system, main control panel, waterfall assembly and the well where the main filter is attached all replaced.  The well was replaced a second time.  After the second well replacement, the filter that was designed for that Spa no longer fits.  I now have to use a smaller filter.  I should mention I have leaks also.  The original leak was attributed to a defective waterfall lighting system and also a leak under the step where you enter the Spa.  They both were replaced and it still leaked.  The dealer said they found the problem and fixed it.  It leaked even faster.  They came back and couldn't find the problem, so the drained the tub and they will come out next week, take it off the deck, put it up on blocks and fill it up again.  They said they have to do this in order to find the leak.  We will see.  I've had way more trouble with this Spa than she still worth and fel that Jacuzzi should replace it.  I called their customer service and expressed my displeasure with their product.  I asked if they could replac it and was basically laughed at.  She told me the Jacuzzi would have to exhaust all efforts to fix the problem and if they couldn't, I would have to pay the difference between the old and new Spa.  I would also be responsible for shipping charges, delivery charges, installation fees and pay to have the old Spa removed.  Not very good customer service.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 02:50:29 pm »

The dealer has done a good job working with me.  My warranty has been extended 6 months once and from what I understand, I'm about to be extended again.  So far, I've had the pumps, audio system, main control panel, waterfall assembly and the well where the main filter is attached all replaced.  The well was replaced a second time.  After the second well replacement, the filter that was designed for that Spa no longer fits.  I now have to use a smaller filter.  I should mention I have leaks also.  The original leak was attributed to a defective waterfall lighting system and also a leak under the step where you enter the Spa.  They both were replaced and it still leaked.  The dealer said they found the problem and fixed it.  It leaked even faster.  They came back and couldn't find the problem, so the drained the tub and they will come out next week, take it off the deck, put it up on blocks and fill it up again.  They said they have to do this in order to find the leak.  We will see.  I've had way more trouble with this Spa than she still worth and fel that Jacuzzi should replace it.  I called their customer service and expressed my displeasure with their product.  I asked if they could replac it and was basically laughed at.  She told me the Jacuzzi would have to exhaust all efforts to fix the problem and if they couldn't, I would have to pay the difference between the old and new Spa.  I would also be responsible for shipping charges, delivery charges, installation fees and pay to have the old Spa removed.  Not very good customer service.

Lets stay exclusive on threads. Problems don't belong on new owners threads.

Welcome to spatopia Jax
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 03:18:46 pm »
Jacuzzi is a fine brand. Your reason for buying that particular tub is why sitting in or wet testing should be a must when buying a new tub. Hope you have many great years with it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 03:18:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42