What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Phoenix Spas 3rd Annual Parking Lot Sale  (Read 4630 times)

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Phoenix Spas 3rd Annual Parking Lot Sale
« on: July 30, 2004, 09:43:14 pm »
Saturday July 31 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.)
Sunday Aug 1 (9 a.m.-2 p.m.)

GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES OF THE YEAR on SCRATCH & DENT FACTORY SECONDS

OVER 200 SPAS TO CHOOSE FROM

PRICES STARTING AT $1,200

DELIVERY AVAILABLE ON COMPLETE SPAS WITHIN TWO WEEKS FROM PURCHASE.

(As appears in the July 26th edition of the Valley Post's Buyers Guide.)

Okay- now a few questions for the discriminating spa buyer:

What perception do you have of a company that would willingly advertise product that is defective, scratched, dented, blemished, or in some condition that makes it only suitable for liquidation?

What kind of deal would you expect to get on a 'scratch and dent factory second'?

How many spas would you think a spa manufacturer have to build to aquire 200 spas that were not suitable for regular retail marketing through dealerships?

How does the limited availability of delivery affect your spa purchase plan? Are you ready for immediate installation if you choose to buy?

Do you think you will have ample opportunity to either dry sit or wet test the spa you choose?

(Im such a booger... ::) )

Hot Tub Forum

Phoenix Spas 3rd Annual Parking Lot Sale
« on: July 30, 2004, 09:43:14 pm »

Maverick

Re: Phoenix Spas 3rd Annual Parking Lot Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 10:47:16 pm »
More importantly, what does this tell you about their employees and most importantly their quality control?

Furthermore, IMO the Phoenix Spas are the absolute worst shell/seating designs I have ever seen.

Too bad someone doesn't buy their spas and tweak them for resale....

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 10:50:04 pm »
I wonder if the ETL listing is intact on these spas?

??? ??? ??? ???  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 04:44:05 pm »
ETL? Please expand this acronym Chas.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 04:52:18 pm »
  I wonder if these Phoenix spas have spent the summer so far sitting out in the desert sun?  They might not have finished baking yet.
Brewman
Brewman

autoplay

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 05:02:11 pm »
Well if you ask the god of all spa gods,he will tell you that bleaching the spas out in the open sun is good for em. Maybe it's like seasoning a new cast iron pan?

Maybe the spa deceptionist is in Redding Ca,placing bids on the scratch and denters?

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 10:54:30 pm »
Ummm sounds like 200 future Haven Spas!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 03:11:23 pm »
ETL? Please expand this acronym Chas.

ETL is a testing lab in competition with UL. In fact, HotSpring has used ETL to do the safety testing and listing for many of their products for years, and recently switched to ETL for all the HotSpring spas.

Ironically, ETL uses the "UL standard" to test portable spas.

My reason for asking about the ETL listing is that Phoenix sells a handful of tubs per year to an Internet sales outfit which adds equipment and modifies the tubs. That voids the ETL listing, but they are hesitant to let their consumers know that.... :P
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 11:13:12 pm »
I can close to purchasing a Phoenix spa.  I'm so glad I looked at this site and read many of your comments.  

Also I found out that our local dealer was shut down twice by the government for failing to pay taxes.  

Also he sold a spa to a customer and didn't tell him the cusomter that the company went out of business 3 months prior!!  The customer had the heater go out in the first 3 months   He found out then that there was no warrentee and that the company was out of business.  He refused to pay the bill.  3 Months later, the control board went out.  Again the customer was stuck--.  The dealer replaced the board, but the customer had to pay upfront.  When the heater went out, it took the dealer 3 days to come fix it, because the brakes were out on his van.  He kept telling the customer he was coming as soon as the brakes were fixed.  It was Winter, and the spa had froze up before the dealer came!!!  WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!

This is the same dealer that told me I didn't need to wet test a spa.  He doesn't have any tubs filled for testing.

I certainly am not going back there!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 11:13:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42