What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Pump #1 only problem  (Read 2583 times)

JackVa1

Caldera Pump #1 only problem
« on: November 20, 2016, 12:11:08 pm »

Hi,

a few days ago, we noticed that our # 1 pump began a rhythmic jet inconsistent pumping. It begins after using it for 15 minutes or so. You can hear the jet power decrease, then  increase over and over every two seconds . 0nce it begins it stays in this state unless I turn it off for a minute which sometimes clears it up for a while, but it will return.

We refilled the spa a few weeks ago , but it was fine for several uses. Any thoughts?

The water level is fine and our #2 pump which is a two setting pump works fine. The filter area is clear and it's a new filter.

thanks in advance

j

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Pump #1 only problem
« on: November 20, 2016, 12:11:08 pm »

castletonia

Re: Caldera Pump #1 only problem
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 01:59:43 pm »
i know you said the water level is good and the filter is clean, but have you tried taking the filter out?  Sounds like the pump is pulsating which can happen when the pump is not getting enough water either due to a dirty filter or water level slightly low.  Pump 2 likely does not pull through the filter which is why it is unaffected.

JackVa1

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 02:25:18 pm »
I fished out some stray leaves from the filter area. It's Fall here. There were also just a couple in the filter basket. I'm going to add an inch or two of water and test tonight. Thank you for the response. Googling produced a lot of air lock problems, but I'm thinking you nailed it. Maybe a couple of leaves is enough to mess it up randomly.

Thanks a lot. I'll update tonight

JackVa1

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 08:18:48 am »
Thanks,
It was slightly low. Ran fine last night!
I've owned it 8 years and this was the first time it did this.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 08:18:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42