What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance 880 Marin timer - possessed!  (Read 1568 times)

cad9847

Sundance 880 Marin timer - possessed!
« on: October 27, 2016, 01:11:00 pm »
Hi all,

First time poster here, non hot-tub owner (maybe some day). I am actually working with my next door neighbor to make some changes to his Sundance 880 Marin tub since the noise of the pumps has been disturbing us. We have already had a technician come out once who put the tub into economy mode and tweaked the timer. Here is what they configured:

Filter/heat cycles:
10am - 30 min
1pm - 30min
5pm - 30min
6:30pm - 30min

Circulation cycle:
6:30pm - 1 hour

Temperature set point is 100F. This is in a relatively warm climate, currently overnight temps don't go below 55F.

The above setup would be livable for us were it not for the fact that the tub doesn't seem to be accepting these settings. Every day the pumps come on at 9am and run for a number of hours, despite the timer settings. Some days it has run continuously well into the afternoon. We have confirmed the tub is still in economy mode. It's not a summer logic issue either - we checked the water temp at 8am one morning and it was below the set point.

We tried disabling the circulation cycle altogether by setting at 2am for 0 hours. The tub indeed did not come on at 2am but lo and behold, at 9am it fired up again.

I can only conclude that there is some secret trigger that is not mentioned anywhere in the owner's manual. The next thing I was thinking to try was to run the circulation at 1am for 2 hours. Maybe there is an undocumented trigger that runs the pumps at 9am if the water temperature is too far below the set point? The settings the technician put in effectively has the tub off from 7:30pm to 10am. Maybe this window is simply too long?

We would really welcome any insights.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance 880 Marin timer - possessed!
« on: October 27, 2016, 01:11:00 pm »

cad9847

Re: Sundance 880 Marin timer - possessed!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 05:05:03 pm »
Well I guess it was a long shot - fairly obscure question!

FYI, with my neighbors out of town they asked me to keep an eye on the tub. The set point was changed to 91F before they left. Somehow there is a logic condition that is causing the pump to run more (outside the economy mode set times) at this low temperature. Might be something to do with some kind of sanitation failsafe. Pushing the set point back up past 95F caused the pump to instantly turn off.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Sundance 880 Marin timer - possessed!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 05:05:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42