What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter casing disintegrated  (Read 3293 times)

Goose1863

Filter casing disintegrated
« on: October 19, 2016, 04:15:57 pm »
Hi, just found this forum so hoping you can help as google isn't helping much!! I've had a hot tub for a few months now. I've got two filters in rotation, the filters were brand new with the tub so each filter has only had about six weeks total use each.  I swapped filters over today and the one I have been taken out seems to be disintegrating around the edge of the plastic casing.... it only seems to be on one end, the casinggis blue and is also now a hazy white..... what am I doing wrong? Too much chlorine? I have a photo but not sure how to post it

Hot Tub Forum

Filter casing disintegrated
« on: October 19, 2016, 04:15:57 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Filter casing disintegrated
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 06:26:39 pm »
Hi, just found this forum so hoping you can help as google isn't helping much!! I've had a hot tub for a few months now. I've got two filters in rotation, the filters were brand new with the tub so each filter has only had about six weeks total use each.  I swapped filters over today and the one I have been taken out seems to be disintegrating around the edge of the plastic casing.... it only seems to be on one end, the casinggis blue and is also now a hazy white..... what am I doing wrong? Too much chlorine? I have a photo but not sure how to post it

What kind of filters are they? Or if you don't know that, what manufacturer tub did the filters come with?
Retired

Goose1863

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 02:46:23 am »
I cant see a make on the filter,  it's a cylinder that is 33cm tall and 12.5cm wide, I'm in the uk and the company I got the tub from is UK based.

http://www.bluewhalespa.com/hot-tubs.html?dir=asc&order=price

My actual tub is no longer on the website as it was an end of line model.
Is there anyway I can post a picture of the filter here?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 06:49:10 pm »
Is there an issue with asking the dealer about the filter? Or another dealer? Or buy a different set and see what happens to those. You should rotate anyway.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 06:49:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42